26 - Memories

Fred and Atlas were cuddling in his bed, completely snuggled up to each other. They weren't doing anything, barely even talking, but they just love being in each other's company. 

The only sounds heard were the faint shouts of players joking around on the Quidditch pitch and the light shallow breaths of the couple. Fred had one arm around her, that hand playing with her hair, and the other was gently running up and down her leg in a sweet and caring way.

Atlas was resting her head on his chest, drawing patterns on his chest over his shirt with her finger. Every now and then she'd accidentally hit a ticklish spot and he'd let out a small adorable giggle which made her smile. God, he could be such a child sometimes but Merlin did she love it.

"Atlas?" Fred asked cautiously, moving his head back a little so that he could look down at her face.

"Yeah?" She answered, moving back slightly like him to look up into his beautiful brown eyes.

"Why me?" He questioned with furrowed brows with a look of what she could only describe as nostalgia on his face.

"What do you mean? Why you what?" She asked, pushing away from him slightly so that she could rest up on her elbow to look at him properly, her hand still resting on his chest.

"Why did you choose me? There are loads of guys, and quite a few girls, who want you. You pretty much could have anyone you wanted. So why me? Not even George?" The way he spoke was almost as though he was preparing himself to be hurt. Like he was waiting for her to say that he was the only one who made a move so 'oh, he'll do'.

She looked deep into his eyes as she thought about it. She knew that she liked... well, maybe even loved him after their kiss in the Great Hall but she never felt that way before that... did she?...

Atlas pulled her bag over her shoulder as she tried to find an empty compartment to sit in, or at least one that was't full. There were plenty of first years on the train, just like her, but she could only seem to find the older kids which, in all honesty, terrified her.

She was already missing her dad and Tonks even though she knew that they was still right there on the platform. As she was deep in thought, she got shoved out of the way by a sixth year Slytherin who seemed not to care about her one bit. She fell into the door of a compartment that was slightly ajar and when she leaned on it, it opened completely and she fell into the lap of a very handsome ginger.

"Oh- Uh- I'm so sorry-" she said flustered, immediately pulling herself up and heading back over to the door "Um... I'll be going now. I'm really sorry."

"Wait," the boy said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back "You can sit in here if you like?"

"I don't want to intrude," she replied, looking at the others in the compartment, all of whom had the same hair colour.

"Don't be ridiculous, you're not intruding at all. Please, sit." He motioned and she took a seat next to one of the others and opposite the boy that she landed on "So, what's your name, love?" He asked her, butterflies swarming her stomach at the affectionate nickname.

"Uh, I'm Atlas, Atlas Lupin," she answered, giving him a small and awkward smile.

"Well it's good to meet you Atlas, Atlas Lupin. I'm Charlie Weasley." He grins at her. He then gestures to the other two boys in there with them "And these are my twin brothers; Fred and George."

"Hi," the boy to her left mumbled to her.

"Hi," she said, turning her head to look at him and she immediately felt a warmth spread to her cheeks "Uh, not to be rude but which one are you?"