14 - The Second Task

"Atlas, how are you at maths?" George called to her from the other side of his room.

"Pretty good, why?" she asked, looking at him in the mirror while she applied her lip balm.

"Can you do the money side of the bets?" he asked her with an angelic look on his face.

"You're actually going to bet on the challenge? What if someone sabotages a champion because they want the person they've bet on to win? Did ya think about that?" she asked with a very teacher-esque look.

"Well that's their problem" Fred replies without even looking up from the cash box and betting tickets he's organising.

She rolled her eyes before taking a seat next to him on his bed "Do you even know what the challenge is?"

"Well... no" George answers.

"Then what exactly are you betting on, y'know, if you don't even know what they have to do?" she asked smugly.

"Well we know that it's at the Black Lake and we know that they have to hold their breath for an hour - but we're betting on who comes in first. It's not rocket science, genius" Fred retorts.

She gives him a 'you did not just say that' look and he looks at her while a cheeky apologetic smile "I love youuuu"

"Mmm" she responds, shaking her head at him.

He then tackled her on his bed and trapped her underneath him before covering her entire face and neck with kisses "Freddie!" she squealed out through laughter.

"Oh come on you two, we're gonna be late" George told them as he watched their very adorable display of affection.

The three of them began to walk down to the lake where students were piling up so that they could get on boats to go and watch the next task "Any bets? Any bets?" George yells while Fred shouts "Place your bets!" over and over again.

"You realise no one understands what you're saying when you shout over each other, right?" she advises them while she walks in the middle of them, counting the money in her hand.

Ravenclaw Lawson Bayou walked up to them "10 galleons on Krum"

"You've got it, mate" Fred said as he handed him over a card to prove the bet if he wins and he handed the money to Fred who swiftly handed it to Atlas and she stored it in the tray around George's neck.

"Ha, good luck with that" Atlas said, knowing full well that Cedric and Harry both have a much better chance of winning than Krum.

They continue their march through the crowd, countless people from all years, houses and schools making bets on who they thought was going to win. Most bets were on Harry, naturally, after everything he'd been through, Atlas would have bet on him too.

"Three lads"

"One lady"

"Four go down"

"But do four come up?"

The two of them made the announcement between them, seemingly having a telepathic conversation about what to say - but that's the twins for you.

"Don't be so mean" Ginny tells them as she walks past.

"Yeah, you tell 'em, Gin" Atlas shouts back to her with a smile.

"You little bitch" Fred jokes as he starts chasing her but she got trapped between him and another student so Fred grabbed her waist and tickled her and she began spiralling into uncontrollable laughter.

"Wow, you two are great at this whole secret relationship thing" George says sarcastically as he catches up to them.

"Hush you" Atlas retorts as she pulls out of Fred's grasp.