𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

𝑬𝑿𝑷𝑳𝑶𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹𝑺
𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑰𝑺𝑳𝑨𝑵𝑫

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐘𝐈𝐐𝐈 tended to go by slowly, especially if there was class. Though the classes had been surprisingly interesting and even fun at times, Emmeleia still craved more freedom than they were given. Not even Battlemanship, Zoology, Botany and Specialised Gift Training were practical enough to keep her attention during the other subjects.

Not every Diocesan needed regular breaks like Diocesan Mika. Elemental studies only had one five-minute break every hour, so at the very end of it, Emmeleia would always feel like her brains were fried.

She was sitting in the dining hall, eating her last remaining pieces of supper. Sorin had left early to resume his studies, while Valentine hadn't shown up for supper since the first Battlemanship class at the start of the week.

As the first week had come and gone, Emmeleia had grown more curious about the island. She wanted to know what the island had to offer, besides the volcano and the institute. Her spoon clinged on her plate as she dropped it too early, her mind snapping back to where she was now, instead of daydreaming about the wonders of the island.

Li turned towards Emmeleia at the sound of her spoon dropping and frowned. 'What are you thinking about?' she asked.

'I'm thinking that it's over three hours before curfew and I want to get out of the institute,' Emmeleia replied, twirling a strand of curly hair between her fingertips.

Li immediately perked up, the twinkle of excitement shining in her eyes. 'Count me in,' she said. The stuffiness that hung in the halls of Beiyiqi was slowly suffocating her as the week had carried on and she desperately needed the fresh air that the trees provided.

The girls exchanged a look of utter anticipation until a cough that went on a little too long interrupted. Helios was creating quite the spectacle with his exaggerated coughs and gestures to himself, Darius and Bhumi. 'Are you not going to ask us to come along?' he asked in utmost disbelief. If Li and Emmeleia had just met Helios and didn't know any better, they'd think he was as offended as one could be. However, Helios could make a fuss about quite literally anything. No inconvenience was too small.

'I didn't ask Li either,' Emmeleia snickered and shook her head at his theatrics. 'But you're more than welcome to join.'

Emmeleia got up and cleaned up her dishes, as the rest swiftly followed her example. Even though they were allowed to leave the premises of the institute, roaming through the corridors to find their way outside felt more as if it was forbidden. They didn't pack anything to take along with them, a courtesy of their exhilaration and impulsivity.