𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑉

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑰𝑻𝑰𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵
𝑶𝑭 𝑨𝑪𝑪𝑬𝑷𝑻𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑬

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐘𝐈𝐐𝐈 and Shiuyiqi were built by the Elemental Protectors, they'd created a bond between the islands. They were connected through their hearts, much like all Forsaken were connected through their gifts. It was a reminder that no matter the hardships of the Cursed Forsaken, they were still one with the Forsaken on Beiyiqi. It was also a reminder of the Forsaken's isolation from the Outside World, which many tried to deny, but facts could not be denied for long.

The sun hung low, the fiery blast of its heat painting the sky in warm tones. The dark silhouette of the volcano stood in stark contrast to its velvety background and it was noticeable why it was called the heart of the island. All paths led to the enormous volcano, which stood even taller than the mountains on the northern side of the island. It seemed as though life was brought forth from the soil that the volcano had spread.

The trip was much longer than expected. No one was allowed to use their bending or gifts until they'd reached the mountain. The only thing that had eased their journey was that a few Diocesan were in charge of bringing their belongings though unfortunately Naya too to Beiyiqi, as familiars could play no valuable role in the initiation.

Their instructions were clear; climb to the top of the mountain using any means necessary, jump through the volcano using any means necessary and survive. While the instructions were simple, the task at hand was not.

For some Forsaken, this task wouldn't have been a problem. Each Forsaken could have one of three gifts, depending on their element. Airbenders had their chi-blocking, which Li was gifted, or could have a familiar, which Emmeleia was gifted. Both gifts lent something to its bender, as airbenders were quick and light on their feet, which was necessary for chi-blocking. Of the four nations, airbenders were most connected to the Spirit World, where spirits such as the Elemental Protectors, Yakone and Mogwai resided. Because of this, their spirits could be connected to spiritual animals.

Waterbenders on the other hand either possessed the ability of plantbending or healing. Plantbending was about more than merely being able to move a plant by bending the water within. Plantbenders could grow all sorts of plants and flowers from the palm of their hands, feeding it through their waterbending. Healers were seen as the best Forsaken for their ability to create life rather than taking it, as most of the other gifts had been branded. While both waterbending gifts were brought forth from creation, the Water Tribes have been known for being the least tolerant nation regarding Forsaken, and so, many waterbending Forsaken flee their home in fear of rejection.