Chapter 1

•••

•••

Whimpers. Trembles. Pleads. Fear. Terror.Horror. Death. The isolated place was dived into hell. It was a one-way ticket for the underground with hot hope of coming back. The moment that man kneeled on the cold floor saw The Phantom coming for him, he knew his time had come.

"Who did you tell?" A slim figure slowly asked, threateningly tilting their head on the side.

The person was dressed in a black leather overall with red details. Long blonde and wavy hair were framing the person's face, hidden beneath a mask. Black and dark. Only the lenses over the eyes were colored: red just like blood. From the voice to the hair and the body, the person was a woman. The person was the Phantom.

"No one! I told no one I swear!" the man cried.

The Phantom sighed, exasperated as she shook her head. She then swiftly took out a baton clipped on her lower back and hit the man across the face. His head jerked on the side as his body fell on the floor. He whimpered and groaned in pain as he held his face. Blood was dripping from his head.

"You should tell me everything already. And your death will be faster, I promise," The Phantom monotonously said.

"But I already told you everything!" the man cried.

The Phantom sighed again and violently grabbed the man by his throat. She pinned him so hard against the wall that it cracked a bit. The air was knocked out from the man's lungs. He tried to free himself but The Phantom only tightened her grip, preventing the man to breathe.

"Tell me why you betrayed HYDRA?" she asked again. "Or your agony will be painful,"

"I- I didn't-" he tried.

"Then how did the Avengers found out about our Argentinian base? And the Colombian? The Brazilian? The Venezuelan? The Chilian?" she pointed out. The man was losing his colors and it wasn't because of the lack of air. "Strangely, just after your release and your arrival in Austria, the heroes destroyed all our South American bases and arrested our agents there. So tell me, Mr. McConan, is that a coincidence?"

"I didn't know what they would do!" he exclaimed.

"You gave away information and you didn't know what they would have done?" The Phantom asked, sounded dumbfounded by the stupidness of the man's words.

She sighed and let go of the man. He coughed as The Phantom hid the baton back in her sleeve. She turned away and walked. But then she swiftly took her gun from her thigh and shot straight at the man's head. She put the gun back in her holster and left without another glance at the corpse.

HYDRA allowed no traitors.

The room was all jet black. It was like being dived into the darkness, into nothingness. It was being immersed into the ideology of the organization, into the lessons she was taught. Keep a low profile, stay focus, always prioritize the mission, stayed faithful to HYDRA, and nothing else. The only color was the blood-red square painted on the floor, a reminder of what they should do for a better world: kill if needed, no witnesses allowed. HYDRA was always right, HYDRA was the only truth, HYDRA was the solution.