Chapter 48

Chapter 48:

In the evening, Ye Zhou specially took Shang Ming to eat their local specialties.

Shang Ming even bought a big bag of food. When they came back, they chose a route with less people. Although, the bus turned along the road, in any case, the two could sit back and relax while returning to the school.

“Aiya!” Shang Ming patted his head, “I forgot to buy a long pillow.”

Ye Zhou said, “Then I’ll put up with it again and lend myself for you to hold at night?”

“Don’t.” Today, he’d already been taken as a hypothetical rival once. Shang Ming couldn’t do such a thing as holding a person’s sweetheart under the person’s eyes. “I’ll sleep on my own. I was crammed to death last night.”

Ye Zhou couldn’t ask for more. Not only did Shang Ming wrap around people, but his strength was also big. Being hugged by him was like being chained up. “What time is your train tomorrow?”

“Two in the afternoon. In the morning, I can sleep in at the dorm.” Shang Ming straightened up the souvenirs in his bag and said, “This time, the time is a bit tight. Wait until the next Eleventh, I’ll plan sufficiently and come again. Recently, I studied until my head was about to explode. At that time in the self-study room, I don’t know how my brain pulled out the idea of a ‘just say go then go’ trip. I didn’t even check the tickets. At the station, I just bought the ticket for the soonest train and rushed over.”

Ye Zhou laughed, “It feels like you haven’t changed at all, still as willful as before.”

Seeing Ye Zhou’s smile, Shang Ming immediately thought of a past event.

That was, when they were in high school, the two didn’t go home for the holiday and did homework at school when he suddenly said that he wanted to go fly a kite in the fields. At that time, Ye Zhou was focused on preparing for the exams and his whole face was stupefied. Finally, without asking anything, he put down his schoolwork and went with him to a vendor’s stall to buy a kite. They rode the bus to a distant field and flew the kite. That day, the sky was blue and the breeze brushed their faces. The lush green wheat sprouts were on both sides, and the two people ran wildly in the middle of the narrow dirt road.

Ye Zhou was always like this. Shang Ming’s head often came up with some very random things that he wanted to do, and Ye Zhou would always not say anything further, put down the matters at hand and accompany him. Shang Ming said, “I think you haven’t changed at all.”

“No way, right?” Ye Zhou recalled the changes in the past two years. “I think I should be a bit more mature.”

“Not at all, still so stupid.” The result was such a stupid friend actually had someone he liked. Even if Shang Ming was straight and he’d never thought to be together with Ye Zhou, but suddenly hearing that Ye Zhou liked someone, there was a thread of loss in his heart.

Ye Zhou was unconvinced. “You’re the one who’s stupid! The third year in high school, I tutored you until I wanted to vomit blood before the result was increased by fifty points.”

When the old thing was mentioned again, Shang Ming’s sentimental, literary heart was shattered, and he coldly said, “Don’t mention this matter and we can still be friends.” These fifty points were of such little value in Ye Zhou’s mouth, but it should be known that after he’d checked his college entrance exam score, his parents couldn’t wait to proclaim it to the family group, wishing that they could have set up a big hotel the next day and make his score known to the whole wide world. Afterwards, Mother Shang kept bringing up sending Ye Zhou a brocade banner again and again. Of course, he’d stopped it in the end. However, what was embarrassing was that he’d scored a hundred points less than Ye Zhou and his parents had reserved the best hotel in D City to entertain their friends and relatives, while Ye Zhou’s family had done nothing special and didn’t even have a graduation dinner.