Chapter 38

Chapter 38:

The strawberry seedling that Ye Zhou had gifted Shang Jin was placed on the window sill, and Ye Zhou’s own was also placed side-by-side with it.

When they found out that Ye Zhou’s gift to Shang Jin was a strawberry seedling, Zhou Wendao took advantage of when Shang Jin was in the bathroom to pull Ye Zhou aside and whispered, “Zhou, tell us if you have no money. We could raise a lot through crowdfunding. How could you send such a casual gift?”

“Casual?” Ye Zhou asked a question in reply. He didn’t think it was the least bit casual. He bought two seedlings from the old lady and on that day, he went to the supermarket to choose the flowerpots, and finally, worried that the soil dug from the roadside wasn’t very good, he specially went to the flower and bird market to buy some soil. The strawberry seedlings were transplanted into the new pots, and the leaves were also wiped spotless. He couldn’t have been more attentive, so how could it be called casual?

“How much value is your lousy grass? The agricultural institution has a dime in a dozen.” Zhou Wendao, ‘hating iron for not being steel’, said, “Don’t you know that the gift’s value shows how much you have the other person in your heart?”

Ye Zhou looked at him distrustfully and said, “Where did you hear this sophistry?”

“I heard it from our class love expert! He can be with his girlfriend for so long is because he’s deeply-versed in the way of lovers.”

Love expert… If Ye Zhou wasn’t mistaken, he should be the only classmate with a girlfriend. The classmate’s name was Jiang Wenchao. When he entered university, he got a girlfriend and what’s more, they’ve dated for almost two years and they still looked very sweet. Because he was the only person with a girlfriend, he was naturally considered a love expert by the group of bachelors who wanted to find their own partners.

It was sad enough to think about it: the whole class totaled twenty-three boys, but incredibly, there was only one who wasn’t single. Obviously, his group of roommates’ personalities and looks were all quite good, and there wasn’t a reason why they wouldn’t get along with girls. He—the only one with affinity with girls—was gay, and the recognized male god, Shang Jin, had no interest in love.

Seeing Ye Zhou’s hesitant look, Zhou Wendao disdainfully said, “Your gift is really too cheap.”

Ye Zhou just recalled that the love expert didn’t contemplate his gifts at all. Not wanting to be entangled with Zhou Wendao, he perfunctorily said, “It’s fine if you put your thought in when sending gifts. It doesn’t matter if it’s expensive or not. Besides, if others want to give expensive gifts, I’d feel burdened when receiving it.”

When Shang Jin came out, he just heard this sentence. He washed his hands and, pretending he hadn’t heard anything, asked, “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing,” Zhou Wendao said in embarrassment, his eyes constantly turning between Ye Zhou and Shang Jin.

Shang Jin looked at the time and said, “It’s almost time for class. Not going to the classroom?”

“Go go go.” Ye Zhou pushed Zhou Wendao toward the door and whispered in his ear, “I say, can you guys gossip less every time? Shang Jin and I are very normal, but got messed around by you guys until it’s uncomfortable.” This could also be counted as taking out his anger for last night. Ye Zhou was now most afraid of hearing people pairing him up with Shang Jin. This fear wasn’t the same as in the beginning when he was both annoyed and anxious, wishing he could immediately drag Shang Jin to hold a press conference and make it extremely clear that there wasn’t any relationship between the two people. Rather, this kind of strange feeling that he couldn’t explain clearly, Ye Zhou was unwilling to think deeper on it and also didn’t dare to think carefully about it.