Chapter 20

Beach games

It is now noon as all the students from Mobius high has all gathered for the games. The principal then clapped her hands to get all the students attention.

"Okay everyone, are you all having a good time?" Everyone yelled 'yes' happily. All the teachers and the principal chuckled at their respond "Alright so for today we're going to play some games and you all must pick a partner now" The principal announced as everyone started walking around to find a partner. Amy kept looking around to find someone to be her partner. She then felt a tap on her shoulder as she turned around and blushed seeing Sonic.

"Hey Amy" Sonic said and smiled softly at her.

"O-Oh. H-Hey Sonic, w-what's up?"" Amy said stuttering.

"I just wanna ask if you wanna be my partner?" Sonic asked.

"O-Oh. S-sure! I'd love to!" Amy smiled happily.

"Great" Sonic held on Amy's hand as they waited for the principal's next instruction. Amy looked at her hand that was held by Sonic as she was a bit surprise but smiled widely and looked at the principal again.

"Does everyone have a partner?" The principal asked as she received a yes from everyone "Good, now for the first game you all must make a sand castle. The pair who makes the best sand castle wins. Ready....set....go!" Everyone then ran and started making their sand castle with their partners. Sonic and Amy started making theirs and were having lots of fun. 30 minutes later, everyone finished their sand castle as the teachers started looking at their sand castles. The teachers anounced the winners and it was a couple from a different class "Alright everyone, for the next game is called treasure haunting. The teachers have hidden plastic eggs everywhere and whoever finds the most wins! Are you all ready?"

"Ready!"

"Now on your mark....get set....go!" Everyone then started searching everywhere with their partners. Sonic and Amy has only found 3 plastic eggs. They kept on looking around for more.

"Found any?" Sonic asked as Amy shook her head.

"No, let's keep looking" Sonic nodded as they continued to look around. Sonic has eventually found one that was bared under the sand. Amy has also found one that was under a bucket. The two has found 10 eggs now and they only have 1 minute left before they have to head back. Amy then spotted another one near a coconut tree as she ran towards it and grabbed it "I found another one!" Amy waved the egg in the air while walking towards Sonic

"Great! Let's go" Sonic grabbed Amy's hand and ran back to the teachers. Everyone then gathered back as the teacher look at how many eggs they've gathered. The winners were Rouge and Knuckles. They continued on playing more games and everyone was having a lot of fun and would take breaks from it as well.

"Alright everyone, the last game that we'll be playing is volleyball! Now get ready everyone, we'll choose on who you will be playing against with your partners" The principal said as the teachers then started choosing the students on who they will be playing against.

"You two" A teacher pointed at Sonic and Amy "You will be playing against them" he pointed at Shadow and Maria "Now get ready" He said and walked away. Sonic and Shadow looked at each other and smirked.

"Your going down Sonic, cause we're going win" Shadow said confidently as Sonic smirked widely.

"In your dreams Shadow, we're the once who's going to win" Sonic said rubbing his nose. They looked at each other with the fire in their eyes. Amy and Maria walked towards each other and smiled.

"Good luck to you both" Maria said cheerfully.

"You too" Amy said smiling happily. They were now on both either side of the volleyball net. Sonic then tossed the ball in the air and hit it over the net. Shadow caught it by hitting the ball over the net again. Amy caught the ball as well and hit the ball really hard which send the ball flying high. Maria tried to get it but couldn't and she had fallen to the ground as well for the ball.

"One point to Sonic and Amy" A teacher said as Sonic and Amy cheered for getting the point. Maria stood up and dusted herself off.

"You okay?" Shadow asked. Maria nodded and smiled a little.

"Yeah, I'm okay" Maria replied back and picked up the ball. Maria tossed the ball in the air and hit it over the net and they continued playing. They went on for an hour which left the score 5 to 5. One of them needs one more point to determine the winner. They kept on hitting the ball over the net and made sure that it wouldn't land on the ground. Amy then hit the ball really hard that Shadow and Maria couldn't catch it and had landed on the ground hard.

"And the winners are....Sonic and Amy!" Sonic and Amy cheered happily in their victory. The two walked towards Shadow and Maria as they shook hands.

"Good game"

"Good game"

"Told you we'd win Shadow" Sonic smirked proudly at their victory. Shadow rolled his eyes at him.

"Whatever" Sonic chuckled. Soon the sun was setting down as some of the students and teachers went back inside the hotel while some stayed outside for a bit to look at the sunset and some took a stroll around the beach. Sonic, Amy, Silver, Blaze, Shadow and Maria sat down in the sand while looking at the sun that was slowly going down together.

"Man, today was a blast" Sonic said as he layed down on the sand with his eyes closed.

"Yeah, too bad we're going back home tomorrow" Silver said and sigh.

"Yeah but we can still come back here next time, all of us together" Blaze said as everyone smiled and nodded. They continued looking at the sky together happily and enjoying each others company.