ARC 3 || 020 - He, The Golden Prince

Start from the beginning

"Those Yasahi siblings, forming an alliance with the Hideaki manor.. what do they have in mind? Did they find out my plans?" She couldn't help but speak her thoughts out loud.

"Forming an alliance with your family's greatest rival just to counter my plans? Pathetic!" Mei Yonagi hmphed, relaxing her hands which were digging into her palms.

They can only try their best. When one thing leads to another, they will realize that they would never be able to win against me.

She heaved herself up from the armchair, kicked aside a poor door, and walked inside a silent, dark room.

"Meng Shaoxing, mind telling me what's taking you so long?" Mei tilted her head to the side, arrogantly folding her arms together. Her haughty expression looked out of place on her gentle, kind face, but if one looked closer, it seemed more and more natural.

The lights turned on, brightening the room. Meng Shaoxing lightly glared at the blonde haired girl.

"Be patient, Yonagi. Starting a war isn't that easy, you know? Even if I control an entire empire, I have to properly plan this out. " He rolled his eyes. "Knowing you, you probably want to get this over with as soon as possible." He innocently blinked.

However, following his next words, his face instantly turned cold. "It's too bad that it cannot be achieved. Sorry, bitch."

Meng Shaoxing was also appeared as a gentle and kind beauty, just like Mei. However, there was something about his beauty that made him seem royal, as if he was destined to hold the title of a prince. What made him so difficult to get along with was his sharp tongue, unlike Mei. Although she was just as tyrant-like as Meng Shaoxing was, she kept all of her thoughts inside of her head.

It was no wonder the two could cooperate with each other.

"Cannot be achieved?" Mei Yonagi raised an eyebrow. "What about that guy from Yevaria you wanted to recruit? What happened with him? Were you unable to achieve your wishes too?" She sneered.

Meng Shaoxing gently smiled. "How daring of you to mock me, Yonagi. I'll let you know that I have something important to do today, and I won't be able to get through it if you anger me."

***

They had arrived a bit late at the meeting.

"...What a large house." Yuna said, staring at the pillars in front of the Yasashii manor. They were all carved carefully and exquisitely, with exotic beasts like tigers and phoenixes carved into the design. The building was not as big as the Hideaki's manor, but it was still extravagant nonetheless.

"Did we come here to attend a meeting, or for them to flex on us?" Yuna added.

Yamato raised an eyebrow at Yuna. "Flex?" How did a servant in ancient times know that word?

"...Don't mind it, Akira." She shook her head.

Akagi glanced over at Yuna and Yamato, and then pointed to the manor. "Let's go in. It already took us two hours to get here, so we should be a little late."

Yamato nodded, and followed after Akagi. He was a bit sad that his mentor, Fuyu, wasn't able to come with them, as she insisted she didn't want to attend. After all, she was only a person friends with Ruka, and usually stayed back at her home in Yevaria. She was not officially a part of the Hideaki's.

Before leaving, Yamato had asked her, "Do you think Shizuki will come back?"

Fuyu had replied, "I believe he will. Be patient, and he will arrive when the time comes."

Yamato was disappointed at her answer. He knew that she certainly understood what had happened to Shizuki, but simply didn't want to tell him. She talked very similarly to Matsuyama Kenata, the both of them talking in complex riddles or ambiguous sentences. Yamato's head always hurt when he thought of it, but he knew he couldn't really complain.

Sighing, he continued following Akagi. What he didn't notice, however, was the silent shadow stalking him from behind.

This silent shadow was, of course, Emiko. Matsuyama's trusted spy.

Lord Matsuyama Kenata had arrived the earliest of all of them, and naturally, Emiko had followed alongside him. The lord instructed for her to look after Yamato, and also send over some memories for him.

The one who gave Yamato the memories of Empress Bai Ren was not Matsuyama, but instead her, Emiko. Of course she would have the ability to send some more over at the order of her master.

A palmful of a dark, purple fire conjured from her hand. It was a mix of her element, darkness, and an artificial fire element that Matsuyama had made on accident. This fire was the catalyst for sending memories to another person.

Silently, she waited until Yamato approached close enough to her, and instantly threw the fire onto the ground, watching as it slowly and silently, like a snake, crawled over to Yamato. The line was as thin as string, so Yuna, who was following behind Yamato, was unable to catch sight of it.

Emiko waited until the dark string had fully absorbed, before stealthily leaving.

"The lord wishes that this will assist you, Yamato Akira."

---

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯