Storm Shadow: Prologue

For all the fans of my other series, Ivory Fangs. I now present to you, Storm, book one of the Kinetic Chronicles.

My name is Xaiden Storm, and I am going to die. I've come to terms with my imminent death, despite the fact that last week my only problem was being dumped by the too hot, Evelyn Reese before prom.  I had a pretty good life in my Southern California suburb so; I guess it’s alright that I die here, now, after these 16 long years.

A voice broke through my inner thoughts and I was whipped right back to reality. “Well kid, what’s it gonna be? Are you gonna hand over the ring or should I cut the finger off?” It was Valdurez, you can think of him as your friendly neighborhood crack dealer, with schizoid tendencies. This was only the latest in the long list his rising demands, but in his mind I owed him, in his mind everyone owed him, he thought he was God. Everyone else knew he was just an addict, of what most weren’t even sure.

Before I could respond, I heard the gunshot explode as the small hammer struck the circular bullet igniting the gunpowder forcing it through the barrel into my pectoral muscle.

I cried out and the alley behind me faded slowly, sloshing like liquid in a glass. The blood that pulsed through my veins was exploding from my body with each heartbeat. Each beat driving the bullet further into my body's tender flesh. Each beat drained me quicker. Looking back on that night, I probably shouldn't have gone to that party.

Copy right thingy disclaimer: DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are the products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or person living or dead is entirely coincidental. This work is liscensed for your personal and recreational use only. This book may not be resold or given away without permission in writing from the author. No part of this book may be reproduced, copied, or distributed in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means past, present or future. the only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote a few short excepts in a review. LOL HAD TO PUT THAT IT SO PROFESSIONAL LOL :D 

Now thats out of the way make your way to Chapter one!