How do I get reads on Wattpad?

Magsimula sa umpisa

I would also like to throw out the same advice I mentioned once before. End with a question. Engage your audience. This will help you get comments.

"What did you think of this chapter? Is Anna really going to fall for Jenna's trick?"

A specific question directed at the audience will inspire some to answer. I warn that this gets you a ton of answers that do not talk about anything else in your chapter. You won't hear what people thought of the story, because they'll be busy answering your question. However, If you care more about just getting the max number of comments, then this will help as well.

4) Respond to comments kindly.

I'm kind of rough in the comments. I tend to speak to commenters... well... exactly how I speak in this story. I also only really respond to commenters if they have something, I feel I need to address. If they make a comment I feel can be explained or I feel is wrong, I give my explanation. This... seems to cause people to explode with rage every once in a while. People don't like to be authorsplained to. I've set off a lot of people this way.

That said, if you want new loyal readers, blind enthusiasm and encouragement would help. I've done a good job making people on my site afraid to comment. If they comment on my story, I will usually take the comment at face value and address it. If I think it makes no sense, I will explain in a three-part essay exactly why I disagree with it. This... hasn't done me any favors. I've fostered an environment where very few people comments, or want to comment on my work.

That said... the exact opposite would be true. Thankful, encouraging, and happy responses will likely get thankful, encouraging, and happy responses. In Wattpad more than anywhere else, you get what you give. Even if your work isn't that great, you'll get far more positive comments if you provide positive comments.

It'd be a good idea to make it a habit of responding to ALL commenters. Thank you, or Oh wow, I never thought of that, or "that's interesting". Even when the comment is negative, and you feel personally attacked, an "I'll consider it, thanks for your opinion." Would be great. When people nag about future things, a teasing, "Maybe, you'll have to wait and see!"

You're going to find yourself catching far more flies with honey than with a defense posture. I've always said an author has a right to defend their work from criticism as long as it doesn't grow to the point of just arguing and fighting anyone who disagrees with you. However, that might not be the best method if what you care about most is comments.

Make people feel good about commenting on your work, and more people will comment. It's as simple as that.

5) Self Promotion – Advertise, Dedicate, Tag, and Socialize

Self-promotion is probably one of the things I'm worst at. I've looked at hiring people for PR, and to date, I've never found a solution to be able to PR properly. If I could better promote myself, I'd probably be doing a lot better. Oh well.

If you're good at self-promotion, congratulations, you've done 60% of what is necessary to be a successful author. Believe it or not, writing skill isn't what is needed. Being able to sell yourself is far more important. That said, I will only be speaking the theoretical here because I can't really speak from experience.

First off, you'll want to get your name out there. The more exposed your name and your book is, the more likely you'll sell. You really can't think of things in terms of effort/returns. Maybe, in time, that will matter, but at the start, you can't predict exactly what or where will get people coming to your site. Just like with a steady release, you'll want to steadily put yourself out there. You may not see immediate returns, but they will steadily grow in success as you continue.