Part 9

POV Endeavour

What an interesting turn of events. I'm not quite sure what the situation is here but I believe I've just recaptured a half breed. I scan around for guards but there are none in sight, that's fine we'll just have to lock this monster up ourselves.

"toya I see you've found a half breed, bring him here and well take him to the dungeon. Maybe I was wrong about you, your not a complete failure" I said looking at the panic spreading across the half breeds face. Maybe I was too quick to judge toya, he has some potential.

"well hurry up toya, I don't have all day" I say louder

"no" ... what, how dare he defy me. and to think I was willing to look past his mistakes and failures and start retraining him.

"toya this is your chance to earn my forgiveness, my respect, don't make the wrong choice again. Bring him here now" I said louder

"I said no enji" toya answered, how dare he disrespect me like this.

POV Toya

I can see the anger building up inside of enji. keigo is frozen on the spot and I can't tell if it's out of fear, anger or hatred. And shoto in looking slightly panicked. No one moved.

"listen here boy, you will bring me that half breed. After everything I've done for you, over all these years I've given you food, cloths, a place to stay, this is the least you can do to repay me" enji yells. Wow, does he realise those are the basic things farther are supposed to do for their children. I respond by simply looking at him.

"okay toya what do you want? A better horse? A sword?" I just look at him, he's getting desperate now. I glance over at shoto who looks a little surprised at enji's bargaining. when i say nothing he changes tactics.

"Hand him over or you will never be allowed to visit your mother again" enji yelled. I see keigo take a small step away from me.

"what"

POV Keigo

He's here, the man who took everything from me and I'm doing nothing, I'm just standing by dab-toya and listening to them talk. Should I attack him, he's unarmed and there doesn't seem to be any guards around. This is a good opportunity but I promised rumi we'd do it together, plus toya's brother is over there and he's still young, he doesn't need to see that. I'm not a expert on fatherly affection but I know you don't talk to your kids like he is.

"Hand him over or you will never be allowed to visit your mother again" the king yelled at him and the room's atmosphere changed. It was tense before but now it's... I don't even know.

huh, a threat like that and toya is sure to try and hand me over. I take a few steps away from him as a precaution. I take small steps towards the giant glass window. I don't get too close so they figure out what I'm thinking but close enough for a quick exit.

"what"  toya responded

"you heard me boy. A monster like him or your mother" the king yelled. Shit, he really is up for the farther of the year award isn't he.

Well, I better take my leave. I don't want him to have to choose, I know he will pick his mother I just don't want to be around when that happens.

"he's not a monster, what has he ever done to you? What has any of them done to you?" toya yells at his farther. Well, that was... unexpected.

POV Toya

"boy you have no idea what you're talking about. The only reason we haven't been attacked by these pests is because I destroyed them" enji yelled.

"and you chose it over your own mother" he added gesturing towards keigo

"I didn't, she's not who she used to be, she's not the same person as she was before you took it too far" I say what the fuck is wrong with him. I hear the door creek and natsuo walks in. perfect.

"what the hell?" he askes looking at the scene In front of him. I could see from his face that he quickly understood what was going on, he looked confused as to why but he could see I was trying to protect keigo so he wasn't scared of him.

"natsuo take shoto out of the room" I say and he nods

"NO, natsuo, shoto pick up your swords" enji said but they didn't move. I won't fight them and he knows it.

"toya I can leave out of the window; you don't have to fight them" keigo whispered into my ear as enji was yelling at my brothers. I looked at keigo and nodded.

While enji was distracted with shoto and natsuo we moved towards the window.

"toya, come with me" keigo asked. I want to go with him but I don't want to leave them alone with him. although he seems to hate me the most so it may be better for them if I leave, but then again-

Just as I was about to answer I heard a slap and instantly turned towards my brothers, I saw enji with his hand in the air and natsuo with his hand over his face.

"bastard" I yelled back at him. I could see on his face he knew we were about to go out the window. Within seconds he started running towards us shouting. I felt keigo lift me up and start flying. Keigo shouted at natsuo and shoto to leave and as we crashed through the window, I saw them run out of the room.

"are you okay toya, the glass didn't hurt you right" keigo asked as enji shouted out the window.

"i-I'm okay thanks" I replied while thinking about what just happened, it was quiet for a while until we were out of enjis sight.

"rumi, rumi come on" keigo yelled and we were soon joined by another half breed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you enjoyed

art by @AshesDraconic