Part 3

POV chiyo

We were sitting around a table having breakfast. It's nice to have people here again. I hope they stay.

"yesterday you mentioned taking revenge on the king. It's understandable but how are you planning on doing that" I ask

"well, 100% we're not sure yet" Rumi said

"our plan so far is to firstly find out if there are any ways we can get into the castle, then find out what the kings average day is, and then see if we can link them together to get an opportunity to attack" keigo added. That doesn't sound very safe. I know they're determined to do this so I can't see anyway of talking them out of it. I'll just have to look after them.

"I will help you in any way I can" I say, they smiled

"thanks" Rumi said

"I'm too old and slow to do most things you'll need to do but can I ask that you tell me everything before you do it. I may have some knowledge that you don't"

"sure chiyo, we'll tell you everything" Keigo said. Some time went on and eventually they were ready to leave.

"okay don't be too long. Watch out for power flares and if you all escaped yesterday the king will still be looking for you so be extra careful"

"we will" Keigo said flying into the air

"see you soon" Rumi said following him closely

POV Keigo

We flew quickly and stayed low. We went around the back of the mountains till we reached the forest close to the castle. We landed, turned back into our human form and put on the capes chiyo made us bring, which was actually a good idea.

"okay this is where we split off. I'm gonna go right and you go left. I'll see you back in the mountain by sundown, got it" Rumi said

"got it, stay safe" I said

"you too" she said before running off. We were directly behind the castle. We were gonna search the surrounding forest first to see if there were any secret passages before we scouted the castle walls.

POV Toya

She didn't say anything today either. If she would just talk enji would see she's not crazy and let her come back. Sure, what she did was horrible but we know it wasn't her fault, he pushed her over the edge. Even shoto has said he forgives her and wants her to come back. We can visit as much as we want but it's not the same. Maybe she doesn't want to come back. Who would?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I see a figure in the distance. They're not wearing royal uniform. What are they doing back here? This part of the forest is off limits to villagers, it's a shame this forest is beautiful. They look like they've stopped for a minute so I get off my horse and tie him up.

I slowly and quietly walk up to this person. When I'm close enough to catch them if they run, I speak.

"who are you" I ask and the figure turns to face me but I can't really see them. the hood of their cape is pulled over their head. They seem to take a few steps back.

"umm it's okay I'm not going to hurt you, just wondering if you need help" I say

POV Keigo

I caught a glimpse of one of the towers of the castle through the trees. I stopped to take a look at it. I catch a glimpse of one of the turrets, I'm not close enough to tell but there are vines growing around a window, it may not be able to close. that's one possible entrance. Risky, we would have to use our wings to get to the window. I'll keep it in mind.

"who are you" shit, I turn around and keep my face tilted down and I pull on the hood a little. How didn't I hear him coming. Half breeds have excellent hearing. Well, I'm guessing it's a him from the voice.

"umm it's okay I'm not going to hurt you, just wondering if you need help" he said

"no, no I'm fine" I say

"I'm guessing you don't know this forest is off limits to all but the royal family and guards" he said

"so which are you?" I ask bluntly. Why did you say that?

"I'm a guard. My shift just finished and I'm heading to the castle to report. Which are you, I know you're not part of the royal family, so are you a knight?" he asks. I said nothing I need to think of a good lie.

"neither. I didn't know this area was off limits" was that really the best you could do keigo. That's really gonna help you out. "I'm new to the kingdom" I add, not like its gonna help.

"why did you decide to move here" his voice went stone cold. Umm..

"it looked nice" I say

"I'm gonna give you some advice. Move. Take everything and everyone you brought with you and move" he said

"why" I ask genuinely interested

"this isn't a nice kingdom, the king he's not a good man. He's done and doing a lot of horrible stuff, things you wouldn't believe. Also, he's about to raise taxes" the man said coldly. Heh taxes are the least of my worries right now. But this man could be helpful.

"so you don't like the king" I ask

"not at all" he responds

"so if the king was to stop existing you wouldn't have a problem with it?" I ask

POV Toya

Would I care? Thc, I don't think so. What's he upto?

"nope" I say. I'm glad I lied about being a knight, this is interesting. Wait a minute...

"are you scouting this forest? Have you seen all of it?" I ask before he could speak again.

"not all of it, I've only just moved here remember" he responded

"right, right but umm, you haven't happened to come across a bunker that is heavily guarded? There are a lot of half-br-umm people trapped inside that I want to help" I ask. No harm in asking him and I might as well be straight up as to why. The man takes down his hood and I can see his face. He has blonde hair swept backwards along with a pair of gold-brown eyes that appear to resemble that of a hawk. He is a little shorter than me and I swear I've seen him somewhere before; I recognise the eyes.

"the half-breeds escaped yesterday" he said. Yesterday, was that why enji was mad at breakfast. Shit, I smiled, I'm glad they're out.

"all of them?" I ask.

"yes" he said. Okay, they're safe, free, after all these years.

Maybe I should try to befriend him? He's new here, knows nothing about me so he won't treat me differently and he seems nice, I think. but to do that I'll have to lie, well I guess I already have.

"I'm Dabi, it's good to meet you" I say holding out my hand. He looks slightly confused and held out his. I smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm Keigo"

Slowdown, 1 second, how does he know?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you enjoyed

next part up soon