Part 40

Dear diary,
I jolted my body awake. Relieved that my nightmares couldn't haunt me when I was awake. "Good morning" Elijah said. He was situated at the desk I had in my room. Flipping through the documentaries on Silas. "What time is it?" I asked sitting up from the bed rubbing my eyes. "5am" Elijah calmly said licking his fingertips before turning the page. I got of from the bed waking over to him. I placed my arms around his neck giving him a hug. The lifted his arm, giving my arm a squeeze. "Elijah... we have gone though that book and found nothing" I said looking over his shoulder down at the open book. He was on page 63 "The rise of Silas". I reached my hand down to the book. I was about to close the book when Elijah grabbed hold of my arm. Causing my hand to move, cutting my fingers on the corner of the book. Blood dropped onto the pages of the book. Elijah quickly let out of my arm. "You're not healing" he said looking up at me. I placed the injured hand behind my back. Elijah stood up from the chair, pushing it behind him. The chair slammed against the wall, I jump at the noise. "Let me see your hand" Elijah said taking a smooth step towards me. His brown eyes were desperate. I took at step backwards. "I told you I'm fine" I protested. Elijah pressed me into the wall. I gasped as my hand hit the wall behind me, smearing my blood. I took a deep breath scanning Elijahs body. He was wearing a white silk shirt with dark brown riding pants. My eyes meet his. He placed his hand on the wall, trapping me. "I can smell your blood" he said leaning closer to me. My heart was racing, beating out of my chest. "Knock, knock" Tina said as she opened the door to my room. "Oh" she shouted covering her eyes. "Am I interrupting?" She asked her hand still over her eyes. "No" I said unable to look Elijah in the eyes as I ducked under his arm. Tina uncovered her, leaving the room with me. Elijah looked back as I left but I did not. I didn't want to face the truth. That my body was slowly dying. As me and Tina walked down the stairs she asked. "Elijah?" I shook my head keeping my eyes on the stairs as we descend. "Ah" Klaus said greetings us at the bottom of the stairs. "I believe I asked of a properly dressed Grace" Klaus whispered to Tina. "Sorry, I got distracted" Tina shrugged. "It will do fine" he said turning to me. He gave me a little wink. I sighed "let's get this over with". Today was the last battle between Klaus and me. This was the battle where I take everything I had learned though out the year, and put it to work. Klaus took my hand walking me outside. I gagged. Sometimes was coming up my throat. "One minute" I quickly said walking inside back towards the kitchen. I coughed into the sink of the kitchen. Dark red toxic blood dripping into the sink. "What are you doing" Rebekah asked from behind me. I quickly turned wiping the blood from my mouth. "What has my brother done to you" she gasped "Klaus" she yelled. I put my hands up. "Rebekah please don't call him" I plead. She crossed her arms. "I wouldn't, but I deserve answers" she said. I nodded. "Are you pregnant?" she said tilting her head looking at my stomach. "No" I awkwardly said shielding my stomach from her eyes. "Oh, I just thought" she began. I rolled my eyes. "Question two, how long as this been happening" she asked. I took a deep breath before answering. "2 weeks" I said. "Well that explains the grey skin" Rebekah said pointing at me. We were interrupted. "Grace" Klaus yelled from outside. I was saved from the storm of question, I was too tired to answer. It was 5 in the morning after all. The sun was barely rising. I walked past Rebekah outside to Klaus. "Here" he said throwing me a staff. I stumbled trying to catch it as it flew through the air. I walked up to Klaus, ready as ever. I came to win.