"Are you sleeping with Derek?" Lexie said in a hushed tone as she followed her.

"Yes. No," Meredith said shaking her head, "long story."

"You know we are basically blacklisted if anyone finds out," Lexie whispered to her.

"Gotta go," Meredith turned and went the opposite way. She found her way to Bailey were everyone was walking toward the floor.

"Grey, you're late," Bailey said.

"Sorry I was just-"

"I don't care about excuses Grey," she replied, shutting her up. They went through and rounded on a few post op patients, landing in a room.

"Good morning Dr. Bailey," Derek said with a smile as they walked in.

"Who's presenting?"Bailey asked, ignoring him.

"Edward Levangie, 63 year old male admitted for pain management for dyskinesia," George started as he was reading off his chart, "he's been doing well since last night, responding very good to the bolus injections."

"Izzie, possible treatments?" Bailey asked.

"For Parkinson's disease, deep brain stimulation has shown very-"

"Not for Parkinson's, for spinal pain," Derek corrected, looking over at Meredith as Izzie stuttered. Meredith sighed, she knew the answer. He knew that she knew the answer.

"Interspinal catheter, that was he can get constant pain medication," Meredith said, looking over apologetically at Izzie.

"Excellent. Mr. Levangie, this is Dr. Grey. She's going to prep you for the procedure and assist," he smiled at the man on the bed. His pager started going off immediately.

"If you will excuse me, Dr. Grey will take excellent care of you," he smiled at the man before leaving.

"Next patient, let's go," Bailey said as all the other interns followed her.

"Alright Mr. Levangie, I'm going to make you as comfortable as I can. I have to go downstairs and prep. If you need anything just hit the call button," she smiled at him, turning to leave.

"Excuse me!" The woman who was with him said as she followed her out.

"My dad seems to really like you, he's always like skinny blondes," she said with a small nervous laugh.

"You need something?" Meredith ask.

"I was wondering if you would talk to him."

"About?"

"The brain surgery, the doctor mentioned it and I read about it online. If it works, it would help most of his symptoms and not just his pain," she stuttered, Meredith could tell she was extremely nervous.

"Is he a candidate?" Meredith asked.

"He is but he's afraid of it. Surgery on his back he can understand but brain surgery, I know there are risk but his quality of life-"

"There isn't any," Meredith sighed, shaking her head. She had seen many studies in med school on the procedure she talked about.

"It just keeps getting worse, I'm getting married next month and I already lost my mom, I just want him to walk me down the isle," she said as she started to cry. Meredith felt a pain in her chest, she knew exactly what the girl meant. It hit home as she lost her mother and didn't have much of a father other than Richard.

"I'll see what I can do," Meredith gave her a soft smile. She went down to find Derek, she wanted to find out all the specs of the surgery and how well of a candidate he really is. She searched the nurses stations, his office, and she finally found him. He was in the imagine lab with Bailey and a doctor she hadn't seen before. She waited until they dispersed, she went in when it was just him.