Chapter Eleven- Sadness and anxiety.

Start from the beginning

~End conversation~

I let my tears out on the way. I need to be strong for my sisters and wife. I'm not ashamed to cry in front of Spencer. I dry my face as we pull into the parking lot. Mickey didn't greet us like she always does, and I knew why. Rick made it clear we aren't to be questioned when we come here. His staff knows we're all family.

We get to his floor. As soon as I open the door and saw Echo standing there, my heart ached even more. I made my way to her and kissed her. I run my hand over her belly. I then turn to everyone else. It's like Echo knew something wasn't right; she placed her hand on my back. Just enough to let me know she there.

Blaze Kane: "We all need to go to Mom and Dad's."

Spencer already had his arms wrapped around Kelsea. She immediately knew.

Kelsea: "Oh nooo."

She loses it. Then Jade and Mickey got it. I didn't even have to say the words. I'm thankful for that. I turn to Echo and hold her.

Rick: "We should go. Y'all need to be with your mom."

We don't speak; we just all follow him to his car. Rick drives, which I am thankful for. I needed Echo as much as she needed me. I don't know if I am holding her in the back seat or she is holding me. Either way, it's happening. I needed it.

When we get to our parents' house, Ellis was already there. Rick barely had the car stopped before Mickey opened the door and sprinted to him. He wraps his massive arms around her and just holds her.

We make it in the house. One by one, we hug my mom. We all go to the living room. My aunt comes from the kitchen with a tray that had a coffee and teapot with cups. She asked us what we wanted; I think we all just spewed something out. She makes the drinks then leaves the room. My mom doesn't speak until my aunt comes back.

Monica: "I got up this morning and went to the bathroom. I tried to get your dad up when I came out, and he wouldn't wake up. He died in his sleep."

She lets tears fall, and all the girls do too. All of us guys are trying to keep it together for them. Three of the four of us have been around for a while. Ellis is the newest, but my dad took a liking to him. I think it's because Mickey is our cousin on our dad's side, and she is the only link to his sister.

The house used to feel like happiness the moment you walked in. Now it feels like sadness and heartbreak. This has been our home our whole lives.

Echo: "Oh god."

Echo gets up and runs to the restroom. She doesn't puke as much anymore, but she does at random times. I get up and follow her to the bathroom. I do what I always do and rub her back until she is done. When she is, she wipes her mouth, then lays her head in my lap and cries. I run my fingers through her hair and cry right along with her.

She didn't throw up on purpose, but I am thankful she did. We needed this. I needed this; we sit there for a while. When we're both ready, we go back out. She clung to me, and I didn't want to let her go. My dad affected a lot of people. There wasn't a person who knew him that didn't love him.

The next few days are going to be hard for my family. Being the only son, I have to step up and be there for my mom and sisters. Mickey and Echo as well. These next few days are going to be extremely long and hard.

~Two days later~

My dad's funeral was hard for all of us. The good thing about it was he and our mom had everything picked out and planned. Everything went smoothly, just hard mentally. It felt like the whole town showed up; my dad was a very well-liked person. He could make you smile on your worst day, and people loved him for that.