Chapter Four-Anniversary party.

~Echo's point of view~

Today is the Richards anniversary party. I haven't seen Blaze Kane since Wednesday; It doesn't hurt my feelings any. I did think that he would have filed for an annulment already, but he hasn't. I'm not going to. I'm just weird like that. He will have to make that move I will not. I will just leave it the way it is.

I know that I will have someone to talk to tonight. Rick is coming with Jade. He gave her the weekend off. He also said that she would be working no more weekends because he doesn't. She was happy about it. I don't blame her. She deserves everything that is happening for her. So does Kelsey. Now we just have to work on Mickey.

My phone beeps.

~Text conversation~

Blaze Kane: "You're riding with me to the party."

Echo: "Good to hear from you, Blaze Kane. Thank you for telling me what I am going to do."

~End conversation~

I finish doing my hair. My hair is the best physical feature I have. It goes to the bottom of my butt cheeks, making it a pain in the ass to do anything with it. I won't cut it, though. I love my hair. One last look in the mirror, and I head downstairs. As I hit the last step, I see Blaze Kane leaning on the counter.

 As I hit the last step, I see Blaze Kane leaning on the counter

I can't tell if he's tired or if he has a lot on his mind. He locks eyes with me as I walk entirely into the room. He doesn't say anything; he just stares.

Everyone is here. Only three of us know that he and I are married. It needs to stay that way too. We need to talk to work this out and get the proper paperwork filed.

Rick: "Damn, Echo. you picked the shortest dress you have, didn't you?"

 you picked the shortest dress you have, didn't you?"

Echo: "I bought this dress specifically for tonight."

Rick: "I hope you didn't pay a lot. It's missing some material."

I laugh.

Rick: "How many single men are going to be at this party, Jade?"

Jade: "I don't know. Just the children or grandchildren of their friends."