(C2)

VIVIAN GREY

Nightmares.

Bad Dreams.

Fear.

It doesn't matter what it is, everyone has one. A fear, nightmare, bad dream, whatever you want to call it, it's all the same. Sometimes it's something that slithers its way into your life. Like an unavoidable desire, because in a way that's what it is. 

Unavoidable. Unauthorized. Unwanted.

It's that lingering thought of negativity and fear that follows you from reality into your dreams. That sinks its teeth into your hopes and poisons all the good and golden in your life until you realize that it was all a lie or a picture you painted. A myth. Because sometimes ignorance is bliss. Because sometimes ignorance is bliss.

As children of the moon we're surrounded by humans that believe in us as evil and then those that don't believe in us at all, but we ignore them because we are what we are and their opinion don't matter, because we are who we were born to be and we won't change based on the opinions of those who don't know us.

But even monsters have fears. Because even monsters have myths and creatures that we check for in the closet and under the bed.

And the Lupus Deus is on top of that list.

A myth, legend, a haunting, call it what you want. A story. That's what he was always said to be.

He's the one kids are told to look out for, when entering the woods at night.

He's the one women are told to stay away from.

He's the enemy men go to battle against.

He's the shadow standing outside of your house.

He's the god that roams the earth with darkness and monsters surrounding him.

He's the savage that reminds us to be in control of our wolves.

Alpha of all Alphas.

He's the wolf god.

As I looked at Lily, I felt an icy chill cover my arms, goosebumps rising from the feeling. With all of the bodies in the bunker I knew my chill shouldn't have been possible. My chest suddenly felt hollow and cold, and yet I knew my heart was still in place. I was distinctly aware that this was sometimes the feeling disappointment or heartache left. But now it was neither. A numbness that left the body, cold, limp and hollow. A calmness washed over me as I gazed around the room, my mind tuning out the noise.

Women were clutching their children and whispering calming words into their ears and yet their eyes looked dead, unaware themselves. Others were on their knees praying for forgiveness and for the lives of those not in the building. Older women were huddled together gazing at the entrance with hopeful looks on their faces.

Lupus Deus.

I repeated in my head. My wolf was silent, almost tucked away in my mind, but I still felt her presence. Small, worried but ready for anything.

Lupus Deus.

The god that was controlled by hatred, anger and had a thirst for violence and blood like the human body did for oxygen, the man who was once sent every hundred of years as a warning from the gods above. The god that wasn't born but became a god, the man was a shadow of mystery and danger to everyone, every pack avoided him like the plague when his presence was mentioned or even felt near, because from what I've heard his presence alone made wolves fall to their stomach in submission . He was alpha of all alphas, watching and taking what he wanted from whom he wanted without a stop, said to not even be present when the taking occurred. He made packs weary and remember that no one was above law. 

Above him.

Never described before or seen until it was too late. Never heard until he wanted. Always in the shadows, lurking for those who don't follow his laws. He came and went as a ghost, no one knew if he was accompanied, had a pack or if he just roamed the earth waiting to kill any who stands in his way. The ultimate punisher. He came and went as he pleased and he took and conquered as well, no one being a match for the god that made them. And all those who opposed went face to face with a vicious animal. A wolf, to be exact.