Chapter 31

"What?" Sukuna wore nothing but a blank expression on his face.

"Yeah. You're going to be a father." I looked at the ground with a weak smile.

"Sorry, If you're mad or..." Before I could finish, Sukuna appeared in front of me and placed his palm on my cheeks, kneeling before me.

"Don't apologize. I did it, not you. So I'll take responsibility for it." Our eyes met after he said that. A gentle smile found its way to his lips.

"You're okay." He stood up and placed a soft kiss on top of my head. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist.

Time skip

I made my way towards the meeting room. Isamu, Mirai, and Akuma should be already there. I was more than happy to tell them the news. I walked in with a big smile.

"You seem to be happy." Isamu looked at me with a sweet smile. Mirai looked at me as well and nodded.

"Yeah! You two will be taking care of my child." I made my way towards my seat. I loud gasp came from Mirai's lips.

"So you're pregnant?!" Mirai stood up with a smile. I nodded my head. Mirai cheered and I laughed at her childish acting. I looked over at Isamu. She, on the other hand, was facing the table with what looked like a sad expression. Out of curiosity, I looked around the room. Akuma wasn't here.

"Where's Akuma?" I asked them. Within a second Mirai stopped cheering and looked down on the ground. A wave of worry run through my body.

"Isamu, Mirai... Where is Akuma?" I asked them again. Akuma is important to me, I care about him more than he knows and I haven't seen him in a long time now. I was getting worried.

"(Y/N)... You still don't know it, do you?" Isamu looked at me. My eyes went slightly wide. My first thought was that he got hurt.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Mirai returned to her seat and sat down.

"First of all (Y/N). Do you know that Akuma has, well had feelings for you?" Mirai asked looking into my (E/C) eyes. She left me in complete shock.

"Akuma was in love with you for a long time now. But there was a problem." Mirai said and Isamu continued.

"Sukuna. Akuma told us that he didn't feel like Sukuna belonged here. And I quote Akuma's words 'I don't think that leaving Sukuna in the kingdom is a good idea. He tried to kill (Y/N), and not once. Every time he walks past me, I feel this weird presence from him. I can't explain it but it feels like he's planning something. Like he's trying to manipulate (Y/N). I will be honest with you. I don't like him, not at all. There's something that he's planning. I can feel it.' that was what he said." Isamu finished. I sat down and began my thoughts.

'Akuma was always the smart one. He knew practically everything. And everything he said so far was true. So if these are his words, it might be true.'

"Where's Akuma?" I asked. Both of them looked at me with worried expressions.

"(Y/N) please. Don't hurt him for what he said." I stared at Isamu with wide eyes.

"No! I'd never hurt him!" I raised my voice a bit, standing up from my seat. Mirai looked at the table.

"We're sorry. For assuming that you want to hurt him." I weakly smiled at them.

"Don't apologize. I know. But tell me, where is he? I want to talk with him. Alone." Both of them looked at me.

"He did not leave his room ever since Sukuna bit you." That was enough for me to know that he was hurt. And I hate to see my friends hurt. I left the room, leaving Mirai and Isamu alone.

(Isamu's pov)

"Do you think she's mad?" I looked over at Mirai and shook my head.

"No. They were always close to each other. And they have this bond that I've never seen before. It seems like he needs her and she needs him. I think, that they would never leave each other." I smiled. Everything I said was true. There was something that was pulling them together.

"What do you think about Sukuna? Do you think that what Akuma said was true" I closed my eyes.

"I don't know what to think... But I'll tell you this. If he tries to use (Y/N) for any kind of reason, Akuma will kill him. With no hesitation."

(Y/N's pov)

I stormed through the halls, on my way to Akuma's room. I wasn't mad about what he said about Sukuna. Not at all actually. Plus I don't have time to think about Sukuna, right now... Akuma's more important.

"Akuma." I opened the doors to his room. And I was glad when I saw him sitting on a chair. It looked like he was writing the next chapter of his book. He looked over his shoulder and as soon as he saw me he stood up and bowed.

"My Queen." He said I shut the doors behind me and rushed over to him. He tensed up. I don't know what he expected me to do but I embraced him in a warm hug.

"You idiot. Who gave you the permission to disappear like that. I need you by my side, you big dummy." I said against his shoulder. Akuma was no doubt shocked. But slowly he hugged me back. He always gives the best hugs. It always feels like a huge and fluffy panda hugs you. It felt like we've been hugging each other for years and I didn't want to let go. But I still wanted to talk.

"I know you want to talk to me." He's really smart. He can tell what I think or what I want from my body language. That's something that even my parents or sister couldn't tell.

"I kind of know what you want to talk about." Akuma pulled away and walked to his bed. Every time I'm in his room I admire how it's decorated. There are books everywhere. I bet that If he could he'd sleep in them.

"It's about Sukuna and what I said right?" He asked, patting the seat next to him so I could sit down. I nodded my head and walked towards him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. Akuma looked at me and blinked a few times.

"For how long have you been in love with me?" I continued my question. Akuma's face flushed after that. He looked away and tried to cool himself off. In that case, it was true, he did love me after all. But of course, my stupid self couldn't see that.

"Akuma... What exactly do you think about Sukuna?" I asked. After he calmed down he looked at the ground.

"You're lovers now are you? Why am I even asking I heard your conversation with Mirai and Isamu. I know everything." He confessed. It hurt to hear his sad words and if he heard us talking, he had to be standing behind the doors. But I wasn't mad.

"Akuma... I know that you love me but... I can't return the feelings." I think he already knew my answer but he still seemed really sad. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I want us to be friends... I don't want to leave you. Please?" He looked at me and gave a weak smile.

"I'm not planning to. And If anything happens, know that I'll be always here for you. To the end." My eyes got a bit watery. I couldn't believe the fact he was taking things so lightly. I was so glad to have him by my side. He was really no doubt the first person I've ever trusted.