He pushed the maid forward and she stumbled before regaining herself and rubbing her arm anxiously where she had been so roughly grabbed. She was grabbed again, this time by Frank Templemore as he roughly shook her, his hands on her shoulders, "Where are they?" he demanded, his eyes bearing into the maid's as she looked back in fear.

"I-I don't know Mr Templemore. I was only following Lady Kirkpatrick outside when she asked me to. A footman had come, telling her that Lady Beaumont required her assistance outside, so she had gotten up to leave. Mr Percy's assistant was with her and he offered to come along too-"

"What assistant?" Edward Buxton demanded as he came forward, a thunder in his voice. Having heard the mention a second time in the ongoing story, Edward felt his insides still until every sound inside him dimmed except the pounding of his heart. There was no assistant of William Percy's at Brockenhurst, it was only him. That scoundrel had staged something in Lord Buxton's absence, and so Edward steeled his nerves waiting for the impact.

"I d-don't k-know," the maid stammered more, shaking with fear upon being cornered by two men, the new addition being more intimidating and terrifying than she had ever been faced with before, "Lady Kirkpatrick asked me to stay midway so she can go to see what the matter was and before I knew it, the assistant cornered me. He gave me a letter and asked me to shut up and go inside if I wanted Lady Kirkpatrick and Lady Beaumont to survive. He asked me to give it to Lord Buxton."

Frank Templemore let go of the shivering maid, who had now started weeping, her meek face becoming shiny and reflective under the light. "Here," she instantly spoke, digging her hand in her apron pocket and pulling out a note and thrusting it towards Lord Buxton.

Edward Buxton stood there, pressing his feet onto the wooden floors as his fists tightened so hard he felt the veins in his arms budge out. Only a dunce who knew William Percy would not be able to figure out what has happened. He immediately took the note and opened it to read, his jaw tightening.

You and Isaac are invited to my office tonight, if you want to see your beloveds again, I suggest you be prompt. Let's have a round of wine as we discuss important matters, I'll have my finest bottle out.

"What is it? For goodness' sake someone tell me what has happened," The Countess cried, her voice cracking as her hand pressed against the chest, a painful expression on her face.

Frank Templemore reached out and snatched the note from Edward's hand, his eyes pressing to read it, before he growled and tossed it aside, the piece of paper floating to the ground. "I knew he had a personal rivalry with you, but beloveds? What does that mean for you both?" Frank reprimanded his eyes bearing accusingly into Edward's.

Edward Buxton steeled himself, fighting his heart and mind for composure, "It means that we are going to let nothing happen to them and we will bring them back safely."

"You bastards, they both are being used as pawn for your worthless rivalry," Frank cast Isaac an angry glance before his fisted hand lunged towards Edward's face, only to be caught fiercely mid air and lowered forcefully to his side as he struggled against the grip to no avail.

"I will not let anything happen to them," Edward roared, tightening his grip on Frank Templemore's fist with every word, "And I advise you not to try that again, I can pound you into this ground before you even realize what's happening." With that being said, he motioned towards Isaac who frantically nodded, and both of them rushed out of the drawing room leaving a distressed family in their wake. 

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"You should've spared my cousin, she had no business in this," Lady Diana Beaumont fretted, trying to put weight into her faltering voice as much as she could. She winced as one of Percy's men holding her elbow tightened his grip on it and forced her to walk faster. William Percy let out a laugh, which echoed through the empty hallways of his wine factory. He did not turn around to acknowledge her words, nor did he speak out his intention, he just kept walking up ahead leading the way to his office, his dark frame blocking Diana's view in front. She turned to look over her shoulder, struggling against the pain shooting up her captive arm to try and make sure Alicia was alright. But far was she from consolation, the man at Alicia's arm seemed to be dragging her along and Diana could hear the soft winces of pain that left her cousin's lips and the fury in her gut tightened.