Page 2

I jumped of the bench as the clock screeched its dismisal. I was finally able to leave this horrible place. Running out the door I heard something that sounded like people running, at me. These people are in a hurry to get out of school. But I can understand that. It is Friday.  My feet disobeyed me as I tripped down the stairs. Snickers rose as the girl who poured the water on me walked gracefully over to me.

"Aww, you got a bwuise?" The girl joked in a baby voice. An evil smirk appeared on her face as mischeif flashed through her bright green eyes. Before I got a chance to say something her foot met my face, harshly. I fell back, gasping for breath, wishing for the violence to stop. She dug the heel of her boot into my neck before she snickered and walked away. I layed on the ground for what seemed for years. The pain swept over me as my cheek puffed up. Blood was still pouring out of my wounds. Trying to get up I slipped landing on my cut face. 

I yowed furiously in my horrible pain.  I tried to stand up again, but my knees didn't function properly so I tripped again, shoving my bruised and bleeding cheek onto the cold, hard floor. Gasping for breath, I crawled over to an alley way. Not being able to sit up, I laid on my back, my face still bleeding, though it slowed. My throught burned where the heel dug into me. Fresh tears spilled, cooling my injured face.  I decided to call Mom, she could pick me up. The phone rang as I waited for my mom to pick up her phone. I kept waiting, realizing I would have to leave a messege. Shoot!

The tone beeped.

"Uh.. Hi Mom. Im in an alley way near my school. I couldn't walk. I'm not feeling good.. Can you come by and pick me up, please?" I breathed, throught still bleeding. My hands cupped around my neck after I turned my phone off. There was a sound of bushes rustling, near me. I'm in an allyway, its beggining to get dark. I got a fear of getting kidnapped. My breath held in, I was freaking out, trying to  stay silent. I'm so scared. I closed my eyes, waiting for someone to find me. I couldn't run away and there was nowhere to hide. My head layed in my hands. The sound was getting nearer, nearer untill I heard a sound of quick breathing, right next to my face. The hot breath licked my ears. My eyes lifted to see what was going on.

 My back un tensed as I saw a dog. A big dog. A boy dog. This dog looked like some sort of wolf. I'm gussing a mixture of german shepard and husky. He was dark gray with a black tail tip, ear tips and paws. His deliciously choclate brown eyes caught me off gaurd, reminding me of the cello I used to play. My eyes searched for a collar arounf the beautiful dogs neck. He looked beat up, abused. 

"Who could abuse something as beautiful as you?" I squeked out showing a sympathetic smile. 

The dog licked my cheek. I winced, but realized it felt good. The dog kept licking my cuts, cleaning the blood. I was petting the dog but then saw how skinny it was. My brain reminded me of the squashed lunch I didnt eat.  I pulled that out.

"Here. You need it. You look so skinny." I mumbled to the dog. 

The dog licked my face once more before wolfing down the lunch. 

"So you're a loner?" I asked, not expecting an answer. The dog looked at me with understanding, kind eyes.

"Yeah. Me too." I admitted, realizing something.

"Would you be my dog?" I questioned, excited but nervous. The dog stopped eating to come lick my face.

A giggle escaped my lips as I thought of a name. Hm, but then I remembered the dog's beautiful eyes that had reminded me of my..

"Cello!" I screamed with delight. Cello came up to me licking me again. He obviously liked the name.

........................

Everyday after my misserable day at school I would go to the allyway to visit Cello. He brought hope to me and I loved that.