Page 1

"Wake up sweety!" My mother called from downstairs. Trying to get off of my poorly made cot, my head throbbed to the beat of a drum. I couldn't recall why I felt this pain. Did I role off my cot? Wait. Why was I even on a cot? I glanced around this unfamiliar place. It was then that I had remembered that I had moved from Columbus, Ohio to New York City, New York overnight. I knew today I had school so i flew down the steps to eat my breakfast. "Good morning, Jamie," My mother said softly.

"Good morning, mom," I replied sleepily. My mom turned around carrying two plates of toast. I started stuffing my two pieces in my mouth.

"Sleep well?" Asked mom.

"Pfft! Yeah! Sure! OF COURSE! How could I not?" I said with the obvious tone of sarcasm. I moved from Ohio to New York. OVERNIGHT! I probably got here at like 4 in the morning. Wonderful 2 hours of sleep!

"Well good, because you have school today." She replied, perked up because of her coffee. Not fair. She doesn't let me have coffee. I must have been staring at her coffee mug hungrily because then she gave in.

"Fine, Jamie, a couple of sips but then off to get ready for school"

I happily nodded and took a huge swig of her coffee. She playfully scolded me but I ran upstairs before she could say anything. Hm, what to wear? I wore my very comfy white sweatpants and a blue hoody. I was still tired and want to be confertable. I thanked my mom after she told me where the bus stop was. I grabbed my one shoulder bag and threw it over my one shoulder. I ran out to the corner waiting for the bus. I saw two nice-looking girls. I have one thing to say. DO NOT JUDGE GIRLS BY HOW THEY LOOK. I heard one of them whisper to the other girl, whose name is apparently Eva.

"Hey, hey Eva. Look at her. She so ugly and OMG look at th-those clothes." I felt my self esteem lower a bit at that comment. I stared at my feet.

"What is it, Kate? ohhh. Isn't it like a crime to wear and be something that ugly?" The brunette Eva whispered back. The red-headed Kate gave me a disgusted look and started gossiping to Eva some more.

My whole school day was pretty much like that. At least I had one friend in Ohio. Not here. I heard snickers and whispers including my name during all my classes. I never bothered them! When the bell finally rang for lunch I sprinted out the door, excited to get away from the criticism. I already had my lunch with me so I zoomed to the cafeteria.  I searched for an empty table. There were a lot of kids who went to this school. My eye caught on an emty table in the back and began to walk to the table. 

   As I was walking over someone had stuck their foot out. I hadn't realized it was their untill I had tripped over it and fell on the floor with a rib-smashing hit. I pulled myslef up but then bent back down to retrieve my smashed lunch. While grabbing my lunch I turned around to see who had done this to me. "You look sweaty , let me cool you off" Sneered some girl. I was about to ask what she meant but I got my answer the hard way instead. The girl smirked as she poured her water on my head. Everyone stared me down and laughed. I felt my face heat up as my cheeks tickled pink. My eyes threatened to spill tears but I clambered out the door.

I was glad lunch was my last period. I mean it was torture the whole day but now I was able to sit by the door, waiting for dismisal.  I looked up at the small clock near the exit, counting seconds untill I could leave. This was the worst day of school I've ever had.