Chapter 3: Zayn :: Out of time

Is it wickedness?
Is it weakness?
You decide
Are we gonna live or die?

~ BLOOD

( Kendrick Lamar)

ZAYN

02/02/2019

TEHRAN, IRAN

"Situation is not good here Louis. She is nowhere. Literally no fucking where!" I shouted to the senior agent via my phone. Two days of searching for Félicite but she was no where. There were two murders in one of the rooftop cafés of this part of the city and I was sure about she being behind the whole fiasco.

"Zayn, it's been just two days, okay? Why are you getting so worked up?" Liam tried to reason. Maybe because I just wanted to get over with her. Get her killed and return back to my family, my daughter. I sighed, changing the gears and tried to go a little further.

"We cannot even smoke in here, dude!" I slapped the steering wheel pressing the accelerator a little too hard in the process. The car jolted back and I hurriedly pressed the break.

I was sure I just hit someone.

"Zayn, mate, what happened?"

"I think, I just, I just....hit someone? Dang Louis, what do I do?!" I asked him. Louis scoffed from the other line and that did get on my nerves. "Take him or her to the hospital, make sure you do not disclose your real identity Zayn." Yeah, about that too. I needed to be cautious about that.

I hanged the call immediately getting out of the car to help whoever had come in front of it. A blonde girl. Amazing! I hit a foreigner. I peeped to see who she was. And thank my lucky stars.

Félicite Grace.

"Miss, holy shit, it's....h---umm miss? Can you, can you see me?"

I was never too good with handling anxieties but luckily I prohibited those words from slipping out of my mouth. She groaned rolling over on the floor. I might have broken some of her ribs. Do I feel remorse? Well, no.

Félicite looked like she was running from somebody. (Confirms the murder mystery, through)

"Can you carry me inside?" She asked. Well, a smart lady to be really specific. Like, she was really aiming at the bull's eye but, why would I carry her to my car? I can let her just die here for all I know. Would make my job easier.