Prologue: Félicite

Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

                                  ~Lovely

                 ( By Billie Elish and Khalid)

FÉLICITE

04/27/2002

ROME, ITALY

Darkness......

I haven't seen anything except it for the last four days. Sound of party poppers were still fresh in my mind, my mother singing to me, cuddling me close to her. Where is she?

Where am I?

I don't know.

Some men came to take me, they were mean. They hit Mum! They hit me.

"Open her eyes!" The sound was harsh to my ears but I could not understand who it was. Was he the same mean man who was at our doorstep? There were only a few things which you could understand at the age of seven, but I knew my parents weren't here. I wasn't safe, rather far from it.

I saw a gun, pointed at my father and I remember the words he spoke....

"Take her, spare me!", he had said. Was I sad? No. I knew he didn't love me. Angry? Yes.

He had no right to do this to me. I am lost, and he is at fault.

"Sbrigati!" The voice called again, and thats when I felt the blindfold drop from my eyes, exposing me to the harsh sunlight. I blinked and shut my them, not being able to take it. A whimper left my lips. Uncomfortably, but eagerly I opened my eyes.

Indeed, those were the same men who were standing in front of our house. The same men who dragged me out after hitting mum on the head.

"What do we do with her?", one of them asked. I looked around, trying to see where I was. It was a very beautiful place, a house.

But not mine....

"We wait for Maestro", another replied. Who is he? The owner of the house? Is he mean like them? Guess I had to find out. I looked at the tall men surrounding me, but did not speak. They spoke nothing too. Just looked back at me. Suddenly, one hand was placed on my shoulder.