The left behind cubs of caliphate

A young boy of twelve was asked, “what do you want to be when you grow up?” affected by the threat of nuclear war and the reality of terrorist attacks, the young boy simply replied, “alive.” In an age where they should be sleeping safely in a cocoon of love, peace and innocence, war is the reality of life for the children of Iraq and Syria. ISIS is actively recruiting children as the next generation of fighters that would carry out their cause. The reason children are used as soldiers is because they are very easy to brainwash and manipulate. These employed children acts as scouts, spies, cooks and bomb-planters, and sometimes as fighters and suicide bombers. Propaganda videos showed young children beheading and shooting prisoners. This is the shocking and sometimes bizarre world of the caliphate where young children are being taught how to kill and how to die.

the continuous defeats of ISIS, liberated many places from the clutches of the group and with its downfall, it also freed many of their indoctrinated child soldiers trained to kill. But the problem doesn't stop there because figuring out what to do with the children is complicated, whether child soldiers should be held responsible for their violent acts is an ongoing argument. People have argued that the children should not be held accountable because many of them did not have a choice of whether or not they wanted to become a member of ISIS and the other side argued that the children should be held responsible for the violent acts they have committed because If they did not have to be prosecuted for their crimes then their leaders would most likely make the children do all the crimes against others since the children will not be charged with anything. In addition Each of these boys could grow up to become a threat to thousands of others, if they were back to spy, scout, and plant bombs.

In the end ISIS left behind children no one wants, and while bringing them home could pose an obvious danger, so could leaving them in the camps, desperate and disenfranchised. We cannot ignore this problem, the boys who were taken, then brought back, need to be healed and woven back into the fabric of their community.  No matter what happened they are still children. They don’t know what they were doing, hence they should be guided back to the right path, make them understand the implications of their actions and extreme beliefs. Accordingly what do you think will happen if the child was put to jail, then he finished serving his sentence and gets released back to society, lacking any psychological support, without education and family. They are now back in society and what happens next is another ISIS in a different name. For that reason the children must go through long and intensive rehabilitation to reverse the brainwashing and be given the chance of living a normal life, to put a stop in this endless cycle of violence.