Chapter 54

*Jay's POV*

"Do we want to surprise mommy? Yes we do." I had Niran in my arms and was on my way to Erin's room.
"Knock knock." Since I didn't have a free hand, I knocked verbally.
"Just come in, Jay." I heard at her voice that she was laughing.
"Looks how's there." My voice was a little higher because I was talking to Niran and as soon as he saw his mother he started to smile and laugh with his toothless mouth.
"Hey little man." Erin immediately reached for her son.
"Feeling better?" Erin just nodded in response, her full attention being on Niran. So I sat next to them and watched my little family.
"I like being a family. And I like to be a family with you even more." Erin looked over at me and I got a smile for what I said.
"I really like to be a family with you too, Jay." She grabbed my hand and stroked it tenderly.

*Erin's POV*

After about an hour Burgess came over and took Niran with her because apparently he couldn't stay in the hospital room.
"Bye." I waved at him and he looked back at Jay and me until we were out of sight.
"He's gonna be fine." Jay put his arms around me, knowing how difficult it was for me not to see our son all the time.
"I know." I buried my face in his shirt.
"Do you want me to get you some ice cream or something?" Jay offered and I nodded.
In the end, it was the same thing you did with children. They were offered an alternative to what they just couldn't have.
So a few minutes later Jay showed up with some ice cream from the cafeteria.
"Carried with love." Jay smirked.
"Thank you." I pulled him over to me and kissed him.
"Everthing for my girl." He smiled and something in his look changed when I pushed the spoon into the ice cream and came across something hard.
"Pull it out." Jay looked a little nervous.
I pulled it out and it was an engagement ring wrapped in a bag so it wouldn't get dirty, but i could see that it was a ring.
"Oh my gosh." I looked at him in shock. Jay took the ring from me, unwrapped it and knelt in front of me.
"Erin Lindsay. Will you make me even more happy than I am already and marry me?" I just nodded with tears streaming down my face.
Jay put his arms around me and we kissed until we heard a knock on the door.
"Jay maybe you should take it easy a bit. Your girl just was in a car accident and you happen to bring her heartbeat up." Will was leaning at the door.
"He definitely does." I couldn't stopped smiling and so I just showed Will the ring.
"That explained alot. Congratulations you two." He first hugged his older brother and then me.
"But seriously Jay. Go easy on her." Will smirked and then left us alone again.
"I know we have been at this point already but I really want to be a family with you and I feel like that if we would marry it only can get better." Jay shifted from one foot to the other.
"This time it will work. I'm sure it will." I was still smiling and was so happy that Jay had asked me to marry him again.
The last time I was the one that blew the engament off and there was no way that I would do that again. Jay Halstead was the guy for me. I knew it. He knew it. And I felt like the whole world should know it.
"Can you stay with me tonight?" I looked at him with big puppy eyes and of course he said yes.
Since it was almost midnight anyway, Jay just layed down in my bed with me, it was tight, but at least we could cuddle, anything else would not have been appropriate for a hospital.

"Good morning, beautiful fiancé." I got woken up by kisses from Jay.
"Good morning." I kissed him back.
"I just need to ask. Did you really propose to me or is it just my concussion playing games with me?" When Jay nodded I just I squeaked with joy and he smiled at my behavior.