Chapter 18

*Erin's POV*
-seven month pregnant-

"Good morning pretty girl." Jay kissed me first and then my already quite large belly.
"Morning handsome." I looked at him and just enjoyed having him around.
"You're ready to go to work today?" Jay stretched.
"Ouh I would totally prefer to stay here with you. But I guess we have to." I started to get out of bed, which was getting more difficult the more my stomach grew.
"Should I order a crane?" Jay was still laying in the bed and looked at me amused.
"Shut up, Halstead." I grabbed my pillow and threw it at him, which didn't seem to bother him too much.
I than made my way to the shower.
When I saw a little blood on the floor, I was worried, but I didn't want to tell Jay so he wouldn't get worried too and then couldn't concentrate on work.
"Erin? You're alright? Been in the bath for a quite long time." Jay's voice made me snap out of my thoughts.
"Everyting alright. I'll be right there." I answered him and quickly got dressed.
"Here you go." Jay gave me a plate of pancakes as it was my favorite food right now.
"Thank you." I kissed him real quick and than started to eat but realised pretty soon that I should stop eating because I began to feel sick. So I stopped and told Jay that I wasn't hungry anymore. He just accepted it without saying anything else even if I could tell that he knew I was lying.
Right when we arrived at the district there came a call in the unit responded to.
I assured Jay that I was fine and that there was no need for him to stay and so the whole unit left and I was alone upstairs.

*Jay's POV*

"Something was off with Erin, right?" Atwater was sitting next to me.
"Yeah. She behaved different and something is definitely off. But I really don't wanna force her to talk to me if she doesn't want to.
I was really hoping that she was gonna talk to me when we were coming back.
We arrived at the location and all got out of the car and immediately heard gunshots. We all took cover, but after a while it seemed a bit suspicious, as you could only hear gunshots and no bullets flew anywhere.
So I stood up and because nothing hit me the rest of the unit got up aswell.
"Nobody's fireing anything. This is a recording." Ruzek pulled a speaker out of a flower pot.
Voight wanted us to check the house anyways and so we went in and after we cleared all rooms we drove back to the district.
"That was a really weird call." Atwater shook his head.
"Yeah. But glad I'm able to go back to Erin. I just have a weird feeling about leaving her alone today." So I just called her over the radio but didn't got a response which made me even more concerned.
I looked over to Kevin, he nodded and so I turned on the sirens and speeded back to the district.
Parking the car in the lot was totally overrated and so I just let it stand in front of the entrance.
"Erin?" I buzzed up and got the shock of my life when I walked up to the bullpen.
All of our desks were messed up and on Erin's desk was blood.
"Erin!" I yelled her name and was hoping that I would get an response but it stayed silent.
"Jay? What is it?" Voight and the rest if the unit had arrived aswell and now saw the mess.
"Erin is gone." Voight's face went pale.
"5021 Adam. I need all available patrol officers to campus around the 21st district. One of our detectives has been abducted and is suspected to be injured." Voight radioed.
"Units on the city wide and units at the 21st. We got an abduction at the 21st district. The intelligence unit is requesting backup to find their detectives as fast as possible." Went a call out to all units.
"We're gonna find her, Jay." Voight put a hand on my shoulder but I knew he was worried about Erin too.