eleven

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

I jumped as the front door slammed shut and sighed, ready to shut the door softly, at least before my brothers slammed theirs. I kicked mine shut, following in the footsteps of literally everyone.

Needless to say no one was pleased with the fact I had had two conversations with Phoenix. My dad was angry and my mom seemed sad while everyone else was just annoyed.

After listening to music for half an hour, my door opened and my brothers filed in. I rolled my eyes as Nix sat on my desk chair and Xander paced the room while Remi just took a seat at the edge of the bed.

"What's the reason for this joyful visit?" I took my headphones off before sitting up, waiting for an answer.

"Stay away from Phoenix." Xander ordered, stopping to look at me with his arms folded angrily.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again, "Without him, I'd be dead. It's not like we're friends, he's just in my English class." I stated truthfully.

"Did you even hear Mom and Dad?" Nixon began,"he put his own cousin, in the hospital. He's the enemy, his dad was killed by ours. I doubt he's just let that go."

I gave my brother a blank look. Well no, he's going to be over the moon isn't he?

"We're not having a conversation on this, just stay away from him. Alexander is sending a team out to find the toxic waste, I'm going with them." Xander shook off the previous topic and I glared harshly at him.

"I see you're still being stupid, and who the hell do you think you are, telling me what I have to do?" I raised my voice at him and a scowl pulled at his lips.

"I'm the e-"

"No-"

"Shut the fuck up." Remi finally spoke, pointing to the door. We turned our attention there and heard footsteps heading away from my room.

I walked over quickly, pulling the handle down and looking out into the hallway. I briefly saw two heads of blonde hair and felt like taking up that offer to do a swan dive off the roof.

"It was the twins. They didn't hear enough to know anything, hopefully." I sighed, closing the door again and flopping on the bed.

"Dinner's ready."

FRAGMENTS

The table was quiet as everyone ate in silence while cutlery was moved around. The twins had been smirking to themselves the entire time and I resisted throwing my water at them again.

"So, if Xander's gone out with the team, he must've trained. Did Jonathan teach you?" Bennett asked, smiling innocently while directing the question onto Remi.

"Oh actually no-" Nix slapped him upside the head when he slipped up and I contemplated slipping right next to a fire.

Curious glances were sent our way and Alexander cleared his throat, placing his knife and fork down.