[49] A Lycan's Bride-I

Start from the beginning

If the drugged one managed to be here, I was now too scared to think of the sober ones.

All hope of crossing the border scattered away within a second. The mere courage and enthusiasm I was trying to collect in my heart was now replaced with doubts. The trust in God's kindness towards me was all gone.

I just knew that I might really not have that much luck written in my fate.

The torch that was being twirled in the air, was suddenly thrown towards us.

It all happened so fast.

So fast for me to observe the details.

All I could notice was the lit torch breaking the front glass, creating the noise.

Keira and I had covered our eyes with our arms.

Our screams were followed by the loud screech of the tyres.

Deja vu hit me again.

Just like the morning when Thomas and Natalie were drugged. While I was going crazy in stopping Axel from driving back towards the Southern Pack. The sharp branch of that tree had pierced the truck.

My eyes opened immediately and I removed my arms from them to observe everything. Because we were still continuing moving towards the West the same way.

We all felt the centrifugal force by forcefully getting leaned towards the left. My shoulder had hit the left door hard.

The sway towards the right was done within seconds and immense control.

By looking at Pete's concentrated gaze ahead on the path, I just knew that he worked up his fast reflexes and played quickly on the spot.

Eva and Thomas gasped in confusion as we three looked back at path we left behind. The lit torch was rolling on the ground far away, going off slowly.

The silhouette of Lysar looked as if he was shaking his head mildly. The way he was standing seemed as if he was chill about all of these happenings.

This confidence was intimidating. This calmness was scary.

How could I not drown in anxiety?

I was only panting in relief of knowing that the lit torch didn't make any damage to any  when my gaze fell on the seat I was seating on.

I couldn't even imagine the pain if it would have hit any of us. Especially, me. The human!

The fire of the torch had burned the top of the seat from the middle.

"We are surrounded," Eva exclaimed with a desperate sniff.

Her voice echoed in the background as my heart started beating loudly in my ears.

I couldn't understand. I couldn't keep up.

Looking at the front, the horror risen when I saw Virion and Anton jumping from the trees on both sides and standing in the middle.

A loud scream escaped me when Eva shouted, "Duck! Pete! Keep driving!"

Keira, Pete and I did as she told. Thomas must have done the same at the back.

A sound of metal clanking reach my ears while I slid down in the space ahead of my seats. Tilting my head, I saw a round blade attached to a thick iron chain being twirled around us, creating a protective bubble around the Jeep.

I really hoped that a sharp blade being revolved around would if not scare, atleast make them back away a little.

But both of them laughed loudly.