"Hmm?" I muttered as I brought my eyes back to hers with great difficulty.

"Why did you ask Aslan to come home? Weren't we supposed to meet him at the registrar?", She asked, unaware of how badly I needed her.

"I need to take you somewhere," I replied hastily, not exactly lying but not really telling the truth either.

When she didn't respond, I continued. "We can just sign on the paper and Aslan can get it verified, going there is only a waste of time, we didn't want to make a show of it of it anyway,"

She just combed through my hair again and again, not saying a single word.

"You look beautiful," I said, commenting on her attire for the first time since she'd donned the dress that evening.

"Thank you," she whispered once she was done with my hair as she offered me her hand to pull me up. The moment I was up on my feet, the inertia made our bodies collide and I reflexively grabbed onto Eda, not wanting her to fall from the impact.

"Se-Serkan," she muttered as she stared back into my eyes as she wetted her lips. That's when I knew that she wasn't as confident as she pretended to be. I smirked at her letting her guard down, although it was only for a split second but that was enough. When I made no effort to back off, she slipped from in between my hands and straightened out her dress, still looking a little flustered.

The room was silent for a few minutes, neither of us wanting to cut through the tension.

"Serkan are you sure you don't want to tell anyone? Your mom...Melo... Engin?" she asked slowly.

"Yes Eda I'm sure, something or the other keeps coming in between us and I'm tired of it. We can tell everyone later but in the meantime I just want us to be...us," I lamely finished but Eda looked at me understandingly, I could tell that she got it too.

"That makes sense," she said as she nodded her head. I was just going to respond when the doorbell rang.

"Aslan," I muttered under my breath as I walked past Eda to leave the room. I made my way to the living room and opened the door only to find Aslan waiting outside with a neat briefcase in his hand.

"Aslan thank you for coming on such short notice," I smiled as I held the door half open. He smiled back at me as he picked up his briefcase midair and opened it up.

"Aslan! What are you doing outside? Come in!," I heard a voice from behind me and I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. I forced a smile at my lawyer and opened the door fully,  gesturing him to come inside. I immediately followed his eyes as they traveled to Eda. He gazed for a few seconds before returning them back to case. 

"You look wonderful Eda hanim," he said as his eyes didn't move an inch from his briefcase. I could tell that a lot more was running on his mind, how could it not? But he was remarkably professional and knew his limits and I appreciated that.

"That's very kind of you Aslan, thank you. Also from the next time, drop the hanim, just Eda will do!" I felt her smile besides me and I gave her a side eye, something she picked up on but only shrugged in response.

"Tamam," was all Aslan said as he fished for a file of papers from the bag. "Both of you need to sign wherever I've marked sir," he said as he handed them over to me.

"Okay," I replied as I quickly read through and signed wherever it was indicated, before handing the file over to Eda who did the same.

"There you go," she smiled as she handed him the file.

"How long will it take for the paperwork to be filed?" I asked impatiently as Aslan tucked the documents back in his bag.

"About an hour sir, I'll message you right after it's done," he said as he brought his eyes back to mine.