#6

"You are a very lucky girl, Katherine." Says the duchess. "Your cousin, Thomas who works close to the king at court, has secured a place for you. You shall become one of Anna of Cleves ladies in waiting." Wait.. I get to work for the queen?
"Your uncle" says the duchess, "has told me to tell you that you must catch the king's eye. It is the only way you can redeem yourself and your family, for what you have done is a scandal."
"What must I do with the king?"
"Why you must become one of his mistresses."
Again? Some guy who just wants me in his sleeping chambers?
"Well, Dear Duchess, what if I do not want to become one of his mistresses?"
She hit me on the head.
"Be careful of what you speak! If the king shall ever hear of this, you and your good cousin Thomas, shall lose their heads! Now, you are expected to arrive at court tommorow. Pack your bags."
"Duchess, may I ask one more thing of you? Who was the one who wrote you that letter?"
"That is a very good question, Katherine. A very good but jealous Henry Manox."
That left me with a lot of questions.
**time skip**

A lady in waiting... a person assistent of the queen, Anna of Cleves. I was waiting to meet Anna of Cleves. I felt myself getting more and more nervous. I did not really want any of this. The door opened and Anna of Cleves walked in. We, all of her new ladies in waiting, bowed. " Non need to bow, young ladies." she said with a thick German accent. I knew she was German but I did not know she had an accent. ''My name is Anna of Cleves, welcome to court!'' I was suprised at how nice she was. Maybe this would be so bad?
**Time skip.**
It was a week later. This was the day we were going to meet the king! Anna of cleves walked in. We bowed. "And my husband." Anna of Cleves pointed at the door. A tall, large man with a beard walked in. He had a wound on his leg. I always heard story about the famous, handsome, wise king, but he was nothing like those stories. He did not even look that powerfull, but do not let that foul you. Anne Boleyn was fouled by it and she was beheaded. He was not nice to his wives. Everybody knows Henry isn't going to stay with Anna of Cleves for very long. We all bowed. Henry looked at us. He stared at each one of us, one by one, until his gaze fell upon me. He stared at me and then nodded. He walked out, Anna of Cleves was right behind him.
We turned around, ready to go to our sleeping chambers for some sleep, untill a servant walked in and wispered something to the head lady in waiting. She nodded and the servant grabbed me by the arm and wispered: "The king requires an audience with you."

All I didn't wanna doOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara