#4

If I were to describe Francis Dereham in one word, it would be: passionate. Outside of his job he loves to write. And he is really passionate about his writing. He's passionate about everything he touches. He loves his work and he is serious about his work. At least, that's what the Duchess tells me. When I'm around, he gives me writing lessons. Like today. I walked into his office.
"Goodday, Sir Dereham." "Goodday lady Howard." "How were your days  off?" "They were pleasent. Even thought I hated your absence." I blushed. "Shall I give you another writing lesson?" "That shall be very nice. "
"Here," says Dereham. "My favourite quill." I grab the quill and dip it in the ink. I accidently spill the ink all over the parchment and all over my lap. "My apologies. I didn't me-"
"It's fine, Katherine. But you might want to have a wash."
I smile and turn to walk away but Francis stops me. "Katherine, I require that you come back tomorrow." He looks at me intently. I just nodd and walk back to my room.

**time skip**

I knock on the door. "Katherine? Come in." I walk in and I immidently realise something. I immidently hate myself for it. I am in love with Francis Dereham. My heart stops when he looks at me. "Are you alright?" He asks . "Yes."
"Do you Katherine, that people say that I get what I want and that I don't take no for an answer?"
"I do know."
I look into his eyes. He looks into mine.
"Is it just me, or do we have real connection?"
Connection?? Lik I had a connection with Henry Manox? I suddenly get stressed out. "W-what do you mean?"
"What I mean is that I love you."
No. I say to myself. I'm sure this time is differn't.