𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝 𝐷𝑦𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑐𝑠

Next Thursday, practice with the boys' team goes as usual. You spend a bit of time completing setting drills with Kenma until Kuroo steals him away from you. You then began third-wheeling Yaku and Lev for the remainder of your time. As practice draws to an end, you find yourself drained both physically and emotionally.

"So the girls' team is going to the championships at the same place we are?" Yaku asks excitedly as the three of you get distracted and start up a conversation.

"Yeah! I'll be able to keep an eye on you guys after my games," you smile at your friends.

"Wait then how come you haven't been working with Kenma more?" Kai questions.

"Because Kuroo-" you start to defend before being interrupted by Yaku and Lev's laughter outburst.

"What's so funny?" you ask nervously as you notice the attention of the rest of the team turns towards you.

"I-If Y/N works with Kenma," Yaku struggles to say as his laughter fit causes complications in his speech, "no work will get done."

"You guys are idiots!" you exclaim to drown out their voices to prevent further embarrassment.

As you walk past you side-eye them before catching up to your boyfriend.

"Got a few minutes? It's our last full practice so I could use the extra help," you try to ask sweetly with a big smile.

"Sure," Kenma nods as he takes your hand and walks away from Kuroo.

"No funny business you two!" Kuroo snickers after hearing what Yaku said.

"We're in the middle of a gym surrounded by all of you," Kenma says as he stops and turns around to give Kuroo a disgusted look, "so what the hell do you think we're going to do?"

"I dunno," Kuroo replies sheepishly, "just don't be a perv on Y/N."

"Shut up!" both you and Kenma exclaim.

Kenma then turns back around and walks to the second net where the two of you then begin practicing until time's up.

"Y/N," Kenma says cryptically as he approaches you.

"Y-Yeah? Everything alright, Kenma?"

"Mhm, I just wanted to say that you did really good. I think you've improved a bunch since we started practicing so, uh, g-good job."

Wow he's actually complimenting me. He must actually think I've improved a fair amount since he decided to mention it to me.

Despite a few "ooo's" coming from the others in the gym, you do your best to smile and try to thank Kenma without tripping over your own words while also maintaining your composure.

"Thanks," is all you manage to squeak out.

Despite feeling comfortable around Kenma, you still feel a bit awkward with all of his teammates staring you down. Knowing this, Kenma rolls his eyes and tells you to grab your things and he'll walk you back to your dorm. You do what he says and the two of you walk out of the gym as quietly as possible to avoid interaction with the others.

Once Kenma walks you back to your dorm, the pair of you decide to meet up once again at Kenma's room in a little while. After receiving an unexpected kiss goodbye, you watch your boyfriend walk away before going inside.

Inside your room you see your roommate staring at her computer screen. She looks like she hasn't slept in weeks, making you feel worried for her current state.

"A-Are you alright?" you ask as you observe her appearance.

Shiro looks at you through squinted, red, watery eyes. You can tell she has probably been staring at the computer for a while until she finally looks up at you and gives you a tired grin.