Chapter 1: The Aftermath

"I’m with child, and you are the father. “
Hvitserk eyes literally flew to her belly and to her face, Princess Katya’s Face.

He didn’t know how it happened but several weeks ago, just days after his brother Ivar told him, that Katya had visited him, in disguise of Freydis, he was summoned to the Princesses bedchamber.

What happened there was a heated night full of passionate lust that led to this fatale moment they found themselves in now.

"A-Are you sure, it could also be Ivar’s child“ he whispered and hooked her eyes with his, her blue eyes full with fresh tears just waiting to be shed.

"No, Ivar is…“ he could see how her mind tried to search for the right words to end her phrase which he knew would determine his fate.

She cleared her throat slightly „…can’t be the father, he didn’t cum in me" she stated silently, her eyes fixed on his face, a silent plead in them, and a light blush across her face.

Hvitserk groaned slightly and drew his hands across his face, before he stood up from his place and made his way over to her.
She was fidgeting her fingers and seemed to be greatly nervous maybe even afraid of him.

When he stood before her he took her hands to his side and drew her in for a hug while caressing her back for comfort.

She was surprised and a little stiff but soon relaxed and he felt her cold tears dripping on his shoulder and his neck, he didn't care.

He took her face and kissed her forehead gently. She breathed deeply and smiled a reassuring smile and he knows everything will work out.