Chapter 3

Lilith walked towards the village. The area occupied by the it was quite large. It can accumulate at least 1000 humans in it easily. It was actually like a big village. 

All houses were identical and in arranged manner. It was a well planned layout. As she entered the village, only one house looked different from others, it was double sized and painted with different colour. 

It was actually the management office. If sometime Damian visit this village, he will only go to this place. 

In the management office, 3 peoples were working. One of them saw her and asked her to follow him. They left the office, he was taking her to assign a home. 

" My surname is Moon, I manage this place with the other two. Our village is under the Lord's protection and we have to do everything he ask us to do. You have to do work assigned to you for 6 hours daily. Here, there are not many things to do. So, in your free time, you can leave to look around. The only thing you have to follow, is never do anything that'll make lord angry, or you will be dead next second. That's all. You will work from tomorrow. Aunt Lucy will give you work. Now go. "

" Okay. Well, my name is Lilith. Thanks for instructions."

" Yeah. Goodbye Lilith." 

" Goodbye Mr. Moon. "

Lilith entered her house. It was little dirty, so she started to clean it up. She washed dishes to clear the dirt on them, swept the floor, cleaned bed and so on. After 4 hours of work, her home finally looked clean. 

She signed, finally all work was done. It was still hard to believe for her that, when she lost all hope in her life, and when she was ready to die, suddenly her life took U turn and she finally got what she had longed for lifetime. ' A simple & carefree life'. 

Even though it was a simple wish, it was still the hardest pleasure to achieve. This world is too cruel for humans. They are in constant fight for survival. Although they now have a contract with vampires, but if a vampire like Marcel don't abide it, they can't do anything about it. Even other human communities don't help others in such time. They can't risk their own life for useless struggle against vampires. 

So, for Lilith, this Northern forest, which she had feared from her birth, became her safe heaven. Here she don't need to fear for her life. Although Damain was also said to be a cruel and strongest vampire and don't interact with humans, it was crystal clear that he did manage the society fairly. People here don't have to give up their life's as his food. Although he will kill them if they don't listen to him, but that was the one thing that no one dared to do.

...

Damain returned to home. He stood in the balcony, his gaze was lingering on humans living quarter. Today, after thousands of years, someone wasn't afraid of him. Someone even approached him, looked in his eyes without any negative emotion or fear, but with only a grateful and respectful smile.

 Although there was still one other feeling, very vague, that he didn't know what was, but he was sure that it was only the other kind of appreciation, not disgust. 

He will remember that smile, that calm face and sensation that he felt when she rightfully hold onto him, as if he was her savior. 

It's true that he don't interact with any humans, but why? Is it because he looked down on them? No, it was because they feared him and tremble on their feet's when he appears before them. 

He has the strongest authority here, he can control all of them on his will, but he can't make them accept him as one amongst them. Because he was not. His personality was a bit aggressive and domineering so even before he turned to a vampire, he only had 3 friends who were close to him. 

At the moment he turned into a vampire, no human again dared to get close to him. Even if he had saved 70% of humans who entered this forest, aside Lilith, all fainted in fear before he took them to village. 

They all have respect for him, for saving & giving a more comfortable life, but he was never able to integrate with them because they couldn't stand his powerful personality and would become extremely cautious and uneasy around him. 

He had his own pride. He will rather stay alone than mixing in the crowd, where he don't have his place. 

Damain looked some more time that direction. His thoughts unknown. Then he turned back step by step to the bed, and laid on it and closed his eyes. 

" Sweet dreams", he said to himself.

...

Lilith started to feel hungry, but there was nothing to eat in house. She was thinking what to do about it, when suddenly aunt Lucy knocked on the door. She opened the door and aunt Lucy entered her house with many things in her hands. 

" My name is Lucy. You can call me aunt. I'm your neighbor. Take these things first. "

She handed over all things to Lilith. There was some cooked food, raw material for making food, fresh vegetables and some cloths. 

" Thank you aunt Lucy, sorry for the trouble." 

" Aiyo, don't be so polite. You eat now first. From tomorrow you have to come with me. We have to look after the rice field and vegetables. It isn't much troublesome. You can go around, but I suggest don't. Many creatures wander in forest." 

" Okay aunt Lucy. Well, when you came at this place? "

" Um, I born here dear. My father came here by accident and mother was just like me. She also born here. We can't leave this place. Don't even try it. Nothing can escape our Lords eyes. So, live your life here. It's not so bad to live here. "

" I'm not planning on leaving aunty. It's very good and safe to live here than outside, so even if Damain throw me out of the forest, I'll still return here, haha! "

Aunt Lucy's face changed instantly, " Don't call our Lord by name ! No one calls him by his  name! "

" Dose he set this rule here?" 

" No, he don't have to. It's a unwritten rule and a form of respect, so nobody calls him by his name. Don't do this again. If lord hear you, he will suck your blood till even one drop is not left in your body!" 

" Feels quite horrible to imagine !" Lilith was not afraid but responded in serious tone. 

" Yes. Go eat now, it will cool down if you idle around more. I'll come to you tomorrow in Lewe at 8. Be ready before that. "

" Okay aunt Lucy. Sweet dreams. "

" Goodbye child, happy dreams. "

Just like aunt said, she really did have a happy dream. She dreamed about the todays scene, how Damain saved her, how good he smelled. His commanding voice, deep eyes, everything about him flashed in  her dream. 

Then she dreamed that she put her hands around his neck and looked at his eyes with amusement. She liked them a lot. So, she went to kiss those eyes. He closed his eyes when she approached him. 

Her lips touched his eyes, she kissed them few more times. Then she looked at his flushed cheeks, she kissed them to, and she kissed his forehead. When she noticed his blood red  coloured lips, she wanted to kiss them too. Just as she leaned to kiss, she suddenly heard a loud 'Bang' near her. 

Authors Notes : 

Damain : Sweet dreams. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Lilith : Happy dreams. ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Yours Truly : No more drama. Sleep. 😴