Personal favorite.

Start from the beginning

"What even is a medium-rare, half-cooked, half raw steak?" I asked sprinting with the trolley as he tried to keep up with me.

"I have no idea. I usually wait in the car for the maids." Dré replied as he tried catching his breath beside me, just as we reached the frozen section.

"Aha! There it is!" I picked up the cold meat and dropped it in with the other things.

"Now to pick up the deserts. I'll race you to the ice cream section! That is if you're up for it." I say with a smirk on my face.

"Oh, you're on!"

"That took longer than I expected." We both chuckled as we pushed the trolley to the car.

"Yeah. It would've taken longer if you hadn't burst into a sprint like a madman, right in the middle of the store." Dre said, laughing while I fake-pouted and turned my head to the side sharply.

"Eep." He poked my side causing me to wiggle.

"What was that?" Dre asked with a teasing smirk on his face.

"Nothing." I brushed invisible strands of hair away from my face just as he did one of the worst things you can ever do to a person.

Tickle them.

"Oh my gosh! P-please, p-p-please s-stop." I laughed frantically and I now looked like an actual madman. People passing by gave us weird stares.

"Who would've guessed you're ticklish."

He was mocking me. I had to stop laughing.

I took in air with my mouth and puffed my cheeks, folding my arms to prevent me from laughing as I turned red while he tickled my sides. But I failed instantly at that.

"Okay, okay! Fine, fine! You win." I said as I pried his hands from me. "I am ticklish. Very. So don't ever do that again."

We both laughed for a bit and stopped, continuing our staring contest again.

Beep beep beep beep!!

"Shit!" I was the first to look away as I grabbed my phone that made the beeping sound from my purse and turned off the alarm.

I opened the car door and said to Dré. "We need to go. Now!"

"Okay. Let's go." I strapped myself in the passenger's seat as Dre started off to the office. By my calculation, I would get there at exactly 1 pm to drop off the boss's food. I was scared I would be tardy but I'm glad I was right on time.

The car ride was quiet. Too quiet. "Hey. How long have you been working for this so-called master of yours." I said and he smiled after hearing my question.

"My mum first worked as the maid of his family before personally working for the master. Myself and the master used to play a lot together. Think of it like childhood friends. So I can say it's been well over 15 years."

I nodded my head but a question came to mind. "Your mum?"

"Yeah. Didn't you know? My mum's the maid/ caretaker of the master." He glanced at me briefly before staring back at the road ahead.

I gasped. "Oh! So you're Miss Clara's....oh." I said realization hitting as Dré nodded.

"Please, go on." I urged him to continue what he was saying.

"It was sometime when were 18, that things started turning out differently. He started distancing himself from me and suddenly demanded I call him the master, threatening me with my job. Simply put he became a dictator. I lost my best friend."