The girl sighed, placing her hand on the glass again until lightning crept through her veins. Images started flashing by bits and pieces. But all of which are Reiner's memories. The child Reiner who was crawling into the rough ground with Bertoldt, their hands holding guns battling each other.

Flash of images about his past before he joined the training, his family and whatnot.

Memories where Reiner's younger self was looking to a girl who was working herself to training with unending vigor which Y/n could clearly remember as her younger self. It wasn't only ones, twice... almost everyday he'd bat his eyes to that particular direction.

Memories then went where they were talking in a friendly way. Her wide smile towards him as she said the words, "I wanted to protect my family so I came. How about you?"

The girl didn't get any particular answer to the question and the memory flipped to another one. A blonde man standing in front of them.

Zeke Jeager, smiling as he petted the girl's head with utmost care. "Y/n, we're going to put you through the test now. Are you up for it?" He asked.

"Yes sir!" The younger gave him an enthusiastic reply. Few of the children like them were just as enthusiastic. There were a total of yen children lined up all of which were to undergo the same experiments.

"Good."

Most days of Reiner's training came to pass but there was no sight of Y/n anywhere until one meeting was held to the people who recieved Ymir's titan.

The images flipped again, fast forward to a scenario Y/n couldn't help but gasp in disbelief. "We infused a titan's fluid into her. The dose is enough to turn on into a titan. However, we also injected a fluid containing a replicated artificial titan powers." Zeke explained.

The girl on that particular testing room was shaking. Her e/c eyes were crystaline in sight. It looked beautiful yet at the same time scared, shocked and in utter confusion. Her skin was shedding crystals like they were snow piling up to her body and then falling through the floor.

"We tried it to other Eldian children, but unfortunately, they all didn't revert back when we injected the substance. Maybe it's because she's half Ackerman and half Reiss that she was able to do it, huh?" The man smirked.

Y/n embraced her small self turning her bright beautiful eyes towards the children who was watching her. She looked tired, almost the the point of being sleepless. Traces of blood also stained the back of her white shirt.

"For now, we are working on her regenerative ability. It healed quite normally, but I guess this also depended on her will. We could call the experiment a success."

(She saw more, but we'll discuss that later on because I don't want to fill the chapter with flashbacks)

.

Y/n retracted her hand away from the glass. It was getting hard to breathe that she felt like collapsing.

"Ackerman, are you okay?" Tsukauchi asked.

Sweat trickled from her forhead while glaring at Reiner. "That must be another lie." She told him.

"Oh, is it?" He asked back. "Y/n Reiss Ackerman?"

She clicked her tongue.

"The reason why you were taken away was for the reason that you have a royal blood inside of you. Among all children, you're the sole survivor for that test." He started. "Your only mission was to get the founding titan." He explained.