Chapter 33 - The Monster's Back

Start from the beginning

“You guys are free to stay with me to; hey every night could be like a sleepover!” Taylor said.

“Thanks you guys are amazing! But tonight me and Kendra will stay at Alex’s…” Kylie said hugging Alex; I didn’t really care where I was staying tonight, as long as [as long as you lolololololove me! Sorry had to…] it’s away from that evil man.

Kylie and I packed our bags and stormed out of the house with Taylor and Alex without telling my mom where we were going. We dropped Taylor off at her house because she had to be home and after that we went straight to Alex’s house.

“Well isn’t this just a great way to start off summer vacation?” Alex said sarcastically.

“What should we do Kendra?” Kylie said really worried and scared.

“I don’t know Kylie…” Right now I’m just so confused in what to do, I just want us safe and away from Derek.

Kylie just sat in Alex’s arms and eventually fell asleep. Alex laid her down on the bed and sat on the floor with me. “Soo…” Alex said I looked up at him then back at my hands.

“Every things just going down hill for me first I lost Austin and now Derek’s back… It’s like when I first moved here to San Antonio I was getting abused and I didn’t know Austin…” I said as a tear fell from the corner of my eye.

“Wait that’s just it I saw this on tv once! Well not this situation exactly but history is repeating itself! Since Derek is back in your life later on Austin will come back and save you! Oh my goodness, why didn’t I think of this before!”

“Alex I think you’re going a bit crazy…” I said a little startled at his response to all this.

“No I’m being serious Kendra.. I’m calling Austin and we’re letting him no about all this that’s going on and he’ll come back!”

“Alex, NO! You’re not telling anyone about this… So stop just please promise me you won’t tell Austin…” I said holding out my pinky.

“Fine I promise…” Alex said attaching his pinky to mine. We basically did nothing and we eventually fell asleep.

**Next Morning**

Today I’m going over Taylor’s just to chill and hangout and let loose, plus I’m leaving Alex and Kylie alone so they can have some alone time.

I walked to Taylor’s house and we just chilled in her kitchen eating brownies. “We should go to the mall!” Taylor said with her mouth full of brownies. I couldn’t help but laugh and get us glasses of milk.

“We should go to the mall though it would be fun…” I said agreeing.

“How would we get there though? My car needs a new oil change…”

“We could take my car but my car keys and car are at my house.” I said not wanting to go back to my house.

“Then let’s go get your keys and car! You live like 5 minutes away let’s walk!” Taylor said smiling and grabbing another brownie before we go to my house. I was really scared if Derek would be home I really hope he isn’t though… And if he is I’m running in then out! We got to my house and I told Taylor to wait outside and if I took to long then come in.

I walked through the front door and didn’t see Derek anywhere so I just walked to my room to get my car key. My room was a mess so I had to dig through a bunch of close all over the floor.

“Well Kendra… You didn’t tell me or your mother you were staying out last night looks like you need to be punished for that!” I deep voice said at the door. I didn’t want to look back I was too scared to... But suddenly I got pulled by the hair and a punch to the face. I got kicked in the stomach a couple times, punched, slapped, thrown around and yelled at. After all the pain and abuse he left laying on the floor bleeding and bruised.

I managed to reach for my phone to call Taylor and tell her I couldn’t go but it was to late..

“Hey that guy is really creep… OH MY GOD! What happened to you Kenny? Are you alright!?” Taylor said helping me sit up.

“Nothing, just go home and never talk about this to no one Taylor.”

“What? But Kendra that guy just beat you up!”

“JUST LEAVE TAYLOR!” I managed to shout. She looked at me and got up and left I know she didn’t want to but she did.

I texted Kylie and told her Derek beat me once again. I locked myself in my closet and just sat in the dark rocking back and forth scared if the monster would come back and hit me again.