xii. Sore Winner; Great Loser

Börja om från början

Valkyrie sighed and jumped down from Zephyr. She handed Toothless the Thawfest crown she had been making and propped it onto his head. He brought his tongue across her cheek and she recoiled. "Euuurgh..." Glancing at Hiccup who glared up at Snotlout, she crossed her arms. "Don't listen to him," she said, and he met her gaze. "It doesn't really matter in the end."

He frowned at her, "Coming from the most competitive person I know."

Her lips tugged into a small smile, chuckling at the jab━because he wasn't wrong. "I mean━there's a lot of things you've already won. Like the battle against the Red Death, for example." She picked a flower from her crown and handed it to him━her way of saying good luck. He took it, spinning the stem in between his fingers. "What I'm trying to say is you have nothing to prove to Snotlout, while he thinks he has everything to prove to you."

"I find that hard to believe."

Her smile grew, amused. "See you tomorrow, Your Highness."

She swung her leg over Zephyr's neck, sitting in on her saddle. With a wink towards Hiccup, they set off into the sky.

Astrid walked up next to Hiccup. "Wow," she murmured, and he arched a brow at her. "She gave you one of her flowers. That's unheard of."

Hiccup was confused. "She always gives me her flowers."

"That's because she likes you," Ruff scoffed. "Duh?"

Tuff stopped, "Wait, she does?" he glanced at his sister. "I thought they were just really close friends."

"We are just friends," Hiccup rolled his eyes at them.

(Friends who have kissed a few times, the voice in his head added).

Tuff was taken aback. He crossed his arms, "Wow, don't need to get so defensive about it, Hiccy."

"It's because he likes her back," Ruff flicked her hair over her shoulder, and Hiccup sent her a blank look. "I'm a master at these sort of things."

"I would rather you guys stay out of my love life, thanks," Hiccup mounted Toothless. "We don't like each other, we're just friends━" and he launched into the air, making a beeline for the forge.

Astrid snickered and crossed her arms. She smirked back at Ruff, "He acts like we don't know."

"I know right," sniggered Ruff. "They think we didn't see Snoggletog."

"Wait━" Tuff held up his hand, "━what don't we know? What happened at Snoggletog?"

Ruff stared at him, before letting out a disgusted, "Urgh, how am I even related to you?"

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━"Let the Thawfestival Games begin!"

The morning was bright, perfect for the start of the Thawfest activities to start. The crowd was estatic for the older teens competition to begin, and the Dragon Riders all stood in a line, awaiting for the first event. Valkyrie met Astrid's gaze beside her, and they narrowed their eyes at eachother: oh, it's on.

Stoick swung open the chest, and out of it burst forth a flock of Terrible Terrors. They took to the sky and the crowd cheered. One snatched a chicken leg from a Viking and he growled after it. Up above, Valkyrie heard her brothers shout her name over and over, and she smirked, readying herself for the run.