Chapter 21: Red Fears

Start from the beginning

An Ood with red eyes reached out to her. Donna held her head, and began to cry out in pain. The Ood pressed his brain to her forehead and Donna's body convulsed before she collapsed to the ground.

"What did he ever do to you for you to treat him this way?" I raised my voice in anger.

"He wasn't there for me when I needed him. Look, it doesn't matter anymore. The past is the past." Death turned away from me to guard his expression.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, but he's your only brother. Don't give up on him just yet, who knows maybe he'll surprise you," I looked back at the Doctor who remained in the same spot as before.

"He really loves her," I muttered with a sigh.

"You might just be the most brilliant of them all," he said winking at me sheepishly.

"No, not yet. None of us are, it's the Doctor who makes us brilliant. Without him, we'd be stuck in a job and in a real life, no we have the Doctor to thank." I nodded slowly again.

Death ran his fingers over the glass and closed his eyes slowly.

"I'm connecting to the psychic link, all of this is a distortion. This isn't really possible, it was an idea, a thought. And thoughts and plans often crumble to dust, just like titles and names. Where does that leave you then, Savior?"

"Just a person, just a friend."

"No, Jessie, you're more than that! You are the link to the Shifting Shadows that we need so desperately. Come here, place your hands on the glass, and we'll restore time together. All the years will sift straight into a book, and time will thank you." Death reached out to me, and I slowly placed my hand on the glass.

A wave of energy zapped through my fingers and lives flitted past my eyes. Colors blossomed before my eyes as shapes and people formed. The Doctor was there with all of his companions, and the history flew off the pages into my mind. Oh, the endless amount of running. Strangers, and monsters, and more! It all seemed like a vivid daydream, or a memory long forgotten.

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, my dear."

An old man with bushy white hair stood somberly in a Tardis with round things on the panels.

"I've got a friend who specializes in trouble. He dives in and usually finds a way."

Ian Chesterton ran alongside Barbara Wright as they escaped a burning Rome.

The years flashed by fast as each face blurred into the next person.

"Call me old girl again and I'll spit in your eye."

A young brown-haired journalist encountered a new Doctor with a new face.

"The first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. And then I met a man called the Doctor."

Rose Tyler grabbed the hand of a man wearing a leather jacket and ran.

"Was someone kissing me?"

Captain Jack Harkness was revived. A smug smirk crossed his lips.

"Oi! Watch it, spaceman!"

Donna Noble chided the skinny Doctor with a cross expression on her face.

"There's a little girl waiting in a garden. She's going to wait a long while, so she's going to need a lot of hope."

A small Amy Pond sat on top of a big suitcase out in the back of her house.

The rest of the rewind went too fast for me to comprehend. Figures passed into each other, so that I was unable to tell time from person. Scenes of my past even filtered through my mind, until I pulled away from the glass.

I exhaled slowly as I stumbled away from the glass.

"That was-"

"A lot," Death finished my sentence.

"So many, so many faces. So many memories, I don't know how he does it!" I breathed slowly, and leaned against the glass.

"Jessie, I'm sorry for this. But, no one can know that much. It's a danger. You don't need to be the Savior anymore, your time has come." He leaned forward as I tried to pull away.

"N-No! I can't forget, not after all of this. There's so much to do, so much to see." I pulled away slightly, but felt in a daze.

"He'll come if and only if he needs you I promise. Thank you," he murmured before his fingers wrapped around my forehead.

The memories of the Doctor and I flashed before my mind yet again before the space turned blank, and white. My body went limp and Death caught me in his arms.

The Doctor ran over to him.

"What have you done?!" His eyes darted around the room, but the chambers were gone, and what was once Earth became Earth yet again.

"I only did what you couldn't bring yourself to do a long time ago, I left a single memory behind, don't worry. She hasn't forgotten you yet. Try not to toy with people's lives Doctor, it's harder to pick up the pieces than you think Doctor." He turned towards the door.

"Where are you going? I know I've made mistakes, but I want to fix things Sig. Things have changed a lot, travel with me. I'll make it better again," The Doctor reached out to Death, and for the first time in a good while Death turned to him with an uncertain smile on his face.

"Just one adventure then, Doctor. My choice." He exited the room holding me in one of his arms.

And with the other arm, he opened the blue door of the Tardis. He placed me down on the ground slowly before looking up at the heart of the Tardis.

The light pulsed blue as the hum of change swayed across the time machine.
___________________
A/N: One more chapter all! I've decided that the next chapter will end this lovely story. I've found a lot through this first fanfic of mine, and feel like I have grown a lot as a writer! I'd like to thank all of the people who continuously supported this story throughout! I don't know where I'd be without you! Would any of you like to see a sequel?

Anyway, if you liked this go ahead and vote, and leave a comment!

Thanks!
-Ilyssa