Chapter Fifteen - Flight Of The Ebon Hawk

As the Ebon Hawks took flight, Katooni and Petro made their way to the cockpit where Ganodi was piloting the Ebon Hawk.

Petro: Good job getting the Ebon Hawk up and running! Where's Zatt? 

Ganodi: He's in the medical bay. He took some nasty hits back there. 

Katooni: I'll help him right away!

Katooni rushed over to the medical bay to treat Zatt's injuries. 

Ganodi: Look at the size of that thing!

Petro: We better bust it up before it flattens that airship! 

Ganodi: Man those guns, Petro! 

Petro rushed to the controls of the Ebon Hawk's dorsal twin turbolaser turrets and begins to fire on the mech. The mech attempts to slap the Ebon Hawk, but Ganodi was able to get out of the way. 

Ganodi: That was too close!

Meanwhile, Katooni was using the Force to heal Zatt's wounds. As she does so, Zatt slowly wakes up to see a visibly exhausted Katooni. 

Zatt: Katooni? What's going on? 

Katooni: I healed your wounds, Zatt. You should be fine. 

As Katooni said that, the ship began to rock. Katooni and Zatt rush to the cockpit just as the Ebon Hawk narrowly dodges another attack from the mech. Katooni looks outside to see the airship catching fire. 

Katooni: They're in trouble! We need to help them!

Ganodi: Already on it! Once we get close, I'll open the docking doors! Be ready to get them on board! 

Katooni rushes to the exit ramp with Petro following her. Zatt gets one of the turrets and fires on the mech. Once the Ebon Hawk reaches the damaged airship, the docking door opens. Katooni and Petro walk to the edge of the docking ramp and gets the attention of everyone on board. 

Katooni: QUICKLY! GET IN! 

Soon enough, Ruby's group along with Professor Huyang, Lord Scourge, Qrow and Maria jump on board the Ebon Hawk just as the airship explodes. 

Petro: EVERYONE'S ON BOARD, GANODI! 

The docking ramp closes as everyone rushes inside the Ebon Hawk. As Ruby's group enters the Ebon Hawk, they are all stunned by the sights they were seeing. 

Nora: We're in a spaceship?! Where did Cordovin get a spaceship?!

Petro: Not now, Nora! We got to bring that mech down!

Nora: Why don't you use the Force or something?! 

Petro: What?! That's not how the Force works!

Ganodi continues to pilot the Ebon Hawk around the mech. Petro soon gets on the controls of another turret and fires in tandem with Zatt. 

Ruby: We need to figure out how to stop Cordovin and protect the ship until we do.

Jaune: Let's give her more targets to focus on.

Nora: You mean us, don't you?

Jaune: Look at that thing. It's not designed for small enemies. It's probably meant for giant Grimm that come in from deeper waters. We can turn our size into an advantage. We just have to be smart.

Ruby: Ganodi, can you keep the ship out of harm's way?

Ganodi: I'll do my best. 

With that, the group split into three groups. Jaune, Nora and Ren run down the left path along the cliff while the Ebon Hawk flies to the right. Ruby and Qrow fly straight up into the air using her Semblance and his corvid form, respectively. When a barrage of missiles is fired on Ruby's position, they are immediately shot down by the Ebon Hawk's blaster turrets. 

Petro: Ganodi, let's give Cordovin something to shoot!

Ganodi: I've got a bad feeling about this!

Ganodi pilots the Ebon Hawk towards the mech while Petro and Zatt fire on it with the turrets. Petro looks to see Ruby flying towards the mech. 

Petro: All right, Weiss. Ruby's heading towards the mech. 

Weiss: Say no more. 

Weiss makes her way to the exit ramp where she exits and flies on a Queen Lancer summon. As the Ebon Hawks keeps the mech occupied, Weiss makes her way to Ruby. Petro's Shatterpoint soon pinpoints a weakness to exploit. 

Petro: Ganodi, take the Ebon Hawk right into it's arm cannon!

Ganodi: What?! The Ebon Hawk won't be able to take a direct hit from that missile cannon!

Petro: Don't worry, Ganodi! I got a plan! 

Ganodi flies the Ebon Hawk right towards the arm cannon. Petro takes aim with the blaster cannons. He sees Ruby and Weiss making their way to the arm cannon as well. After taking a deep breath, Petro fires at the arm cannon. The blaster fire exposes a weak point in the arm cannon. Seeing an opportunity, Ruby and Weiss launch a coordinated attack using a combination of Lightning, Ice and Earth Dust. This results in a powerful explosion which destroys the arm and traps it in place. The explosion knocks Ruby and Weiss to the cliff side. 

Petro: Whoa....

Katooni: Ganodi, take us to the cliff side. 

Ganodi navigates the Ebon Hawk to the cliff side. As the Ebon Hawk lands, everyone rushes to Ruby. 

Ruby: Thanks...thanks for the shot, Petro. 

Petro: Don't mention it. 

Qrow: We better get a move on. That mech may be out of commission, but Cordovin's still got a whole base of Atlas troops. 

Suddenly, the ground began to rumble. At first, they thought it was the mech making another move, but it remained still. They all turned to the shore to see a shadow on the horizon. The shadow's form is soon revealed to be a Leviathan approaching Argus. In that moment, everyone quickly realized that the very means of defeating the Leviathan was now disabled. Now they needed a new plan to deal with the Leviathan or else Argus is doomed.