Chapter Ten - Lost

As everyone began searching for Oscar, Oscar took this time to reflect on everything that had happened to him. As he walked the streets of Argus, he began to doubt himself. He thought about the words that were said to him by Jaune as well as Yang. It didn't take long for Oscar to develop feelings of anger and resentment. However, it was not towards them, but at the world. He soon found himself in a secluded alleyway. In the alleyway, he finds an olive coat with shoulder pads. As he puts it on, he is approached by Lord Scourge. 

Oscar: What do you want? 

Scourge: I've come here to speak with you. 

Oscar: I've got nothing to say to you. 

Scourge: It is not you I wish to speak with. It is Ozpin. 

Oscar: Good luck with that. He's been silent for some time. 

Scourge: Then I will have to awaken him. 

Without warning, Scourge reached out to the Force and invaded Oscar's mind. Oscar collapsed to the floor as he began to scream in pain. After a moment of excruciating pain, Oscar's eyes began to glow green as Ozpin was forced to take over. 

Ozpin: How....

Scourge: The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. But I have not sought you out to discuss the Dark Side. 

Ozpin: Then...then why have you sought me out?

Scourge: The Mother. 

As Scourge says this, Ozpin reflected on the Mother's part in Salem's descent into darkness. He was surprised to hear Scourge speak of the Mother. 

Ozpin: I....I tried to unravel the mystery of the Mother, but found nothing but more questions. What do you know of the Mother?

Scourge: I know she is of the Force. But she is no Sith neither is she Jedi. What she is...eludes me. 

Ozpin: I must admit, when the Kybuck Clan became known to me, I...I believed they could help me unravel the mystery of the Mother. Perhaps...perhaps they can help me save my beloved Salem. 

Scourge: Salem is beyond saving. Her heart has long become black with darkness. I've known beings like her who have given themselves over to the darkness. Once they walk that path, there is no going back. The darkness is all that is left to them. Salem is no different. 

As Scourge said this, Ozpin became silent. For the longest time, Ozpin hoped to save Salem from the darkness that has claimed her for so long. It was only until recent years did he lose hope on her. Scourge's words made that clear. 

Ozpin: What is your interest in the Mother? 

Scourge: I wish to see her destroyed before she can destroy your world.

Ozpin: How noble for a Sith.

Scourge: I have my own reasons for seeking the Mother's end. Remnant will only be the beginning if the Mother remains unchecked. The entire Galaxy shall fall if nothing is done. We all have a part to play in the coming days. 

Ozpin: We shall see, Lord Scourge. 

Scourge: That is all for now. The boy may have control over his body. 

As Scourge said that, Ozpin gave Oscar back control of his body. Oscar was still in shock over what had just happened. 

Scourge: Come, boy. 

With that, Scourge and Oscar returned to the Arc Family Home. As the Sun began to set, everyone returned to the house, shocked to see Oscar inside with Lord Scourge.

Oscar: I thought you guys would appreciate a hot meal after... spending all day looking for me, apparently.

Jaune: It's my fault we were all out there in the first place. Oscar, I am so sorry for earlier. I was way, way out of line, and what I said...

Oscar: No, it's okay. These past few days, I've been scared of the same things you were. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be... me. But I did some thinking, and I do know that I want to do everything I can to help with whatever time I have left.

Qrow: I hate to interrupt this celebration, but we're not a single step closer to Atlas.

Jaune: Actually, I think I have an idea. But...it's sort of a "no-going-back" kind of idea.

Petro: This ought to be interesting.

Jaune: With Cordo on watch, only Atlas airships have the clearance to leave for Solitas. So... we... steal an Atlas airship.

Upon hearing this, the group became silent. 

Weiss: That's not just breaking the law. That's... that's definitely worse.

Yang: How would we even get onto the airfield?

Jaune: That part I haven't quite figured out yet. But I....

Qrow: Okay, stop. Just... stop! Look, if this thing goes south, it's not something we can just fight our way out of. This is the Atlas Military we're talking about. For your sake, just drop this.

Ruby: I want to hear him out.

Qrow: Ruby...

Ruby: I want to hear him out! I know you're trying to protect us, that you're afraid we can't do it, but right now, I don't really care what you think!

Qrow was shocked at Ruby's tone. She had never talked to him that way before. 

Ruby: Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options! Oz hasn't been here to tell us what to do, but we still managed to get this far anyway. We've been in bad situations before, and we don't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do. We just did it our way! And I say we do it our way. And if you think you can keep up with us "kids"... we'd be happy to have you.

Katooni: We've gone this far. With everything that's at stake, we can't fall back now. I know this plan is risky, but I believe we can do it. 

With that, everyone agreed on Jaune's proposal to steal an Atlas Airship from the Argus Military Base. However, this plan would soon encounter unforeseen complications.