Year 6 - The Cave

Start from the beginning

They arrived at the island and stepped onto the island. They slowly made their way up the rocky hill-like island to the center that was glowing green. They reached a white stone basin that was filled with a horrible-looking green liquid. They couldn't reach the center and the glowing light without the liquid being gone. 

Dumbledore conjured up a crystal goblet. "Listen. Both of you. Everything must be drunk for us to be able to get the object. You MUST make me drink this, no matter how painful, how much I beg, how must I resist. I MUST keep drinking. Remember what I said before coming here."

Harry hesitated but agreed. Hermione just nodded.

Dumbledore sighed and filled up the goblet. He took a deep breath and started drinking it. Right away the two watched in horror as Dumbledore started clutching the side of the basin trying to stand. They knew it was really affecting him. Dumbledore kept filling it up and drinking it. After he got through his third, Dumbledore fell over and screamed in pain.

Harry ran over and helped support his head. Hermione ran over picked up the goblet and filled it with the potion. 

"Please...make it stop..."

Hermione hands it over to Harry, "Here...this will help Professor."

It was silent as the two worked together through all the screams and begging. It was almost empty just one more goblet.

Dumbledore went silent and seemed to be lost in his own mind and was muttering and whispering to himself, "Ari..." 

Hermione approached them once more and held out the goblet. 

"Please...no more..."

Hermione crouched down to face him, "it will all be over soon...just drink this and everything will be fine again."

Dumbledore with tears in his eyes nodded and Harry took the goblet and poured it down his throat. 

They waited for what seemed to be an eternity before a sound was heard a CLINK in the basin. Hermione was holding onto Dumbledore's arm as Harry ran with the goblet to the basin picking up a locket from the basin shoving it into his pocket. 

Dumbledore started regaining some sense as he asked Harry for Water. Harry nodded and tried to use Aquamenti in the cup, but it didn't work as he tried to bring it to Dumbledore's mouth. 

"Please...Water..."

Harry sighed and nodded walking to the edge of the lake. No matter how sick it was he plunged it into the lake. Suddenly the bodies began to react and move toward the island. Harry jumped back with the water and ran back to them. 

"We have a problem."

A ghostly pale skinny arm reached up onto the land and pulled its body out of the water. 

Hermione paled pulling out her wand, "yeah I can see the problem

Hermione paled pulling out her wand, "yeah I can see the problem."

More of the creatures began to move toward them slowly, but there were so many of them that if they didn't move they would be taken over.