viii Sophia Randolph could make a good trophy wife

Maybe it was the lack of mother love she received in her life, or the fact that her uncle was like a candy for the middle aged women who were already sick of their husbands. But in Sophia's eyes, there wasn't anything more annoying than Wellsbury mom's.

As the niece —and practically daughter— of Wellsbury's mayor, she had to be present in her uncle's events or public presentations. Like right now, where the Randolph's were in Wellsbury country club. Sophia was wearing a dark green summer dress with a pair of sneakers and covered in make up from neck to head, hiding the tray of hickies she had from Brodie's hell of a party.

"Oh, Sophia you look wonderful this evening." A woman said to her. Sophia didn't recognized her, but still, she smiled politely and returned the compliment. She felt like a trophy child.

"There you are." Paul joined her. "The reporters want to take some pictures, are you okay by that?" Sophia nodded and both smiled in the camera direction for a couple of seconds. "I think we are ready to relax for the day, go do something fun."

"I think I'm going to keep talking with these women about how pretty I look and how wonderful your job is." Her uncle laughed. "You should pay me for doing such a good job."

"Keep dreaming sweetie..." Sophia looked at her side and saw how Georgia Miller was walking up to them.

"Fancy seeing you two here!" The woman smiled to them, Paul looked at her and smiled

"Georgia!" then he looked at his niece and to the blonde woman again. "This is my niece, Sophia."

Sophia smiled at her awkwardly. "We have met before, in Maxine's house. Hey." Georgia smirked at her.

"Hello cutie. I'm here with my kids! You have to join us!" Sophia looked to were people were playing and she saw Ginny and her brother Austin looking at them, she gave her a small wave but didn't received a gesture from the girl, whereas Austin smiled to her and waved energetically.

"Yeah, sure. It would be fun." Paul nodded and the three of them walked down the wooden stairs.

"Guys, these are Paul and Sophia Randolph" Georgia introduced to them. The three kids stood in silent, Ginny and Sophia looked at each other weirdly and Austin looked at Paul.

"We are classmates." Ginny told her mum.

"She is grounded that's why the angry dog face." Georgia turned to Paul and they both started to talk. Sophia walked to the white bench that was behind the Miller's and sat there, Ginny joined her a couple of minutes later.

"Are you and Brodie a thing? He wouldn't shut up about you." Sophia blushed furiously. "Nothing to worry about, though. Just that you were a great kisser or shit like that."

"Thank god. And, umh, we are talking. I think we are going to have a coffee Friday afternoon. Nothing official." Sophia answered her. Ginny nodded.

"And what about Marcus?"

"We aren't on speaking terms right now." Sophia confessed to Ginny, the girl silently nodded. "And what about Hunter?"

"He's great, actually. Today he gave me a bag of chips because he found out I was on my period." Ginny giggled. "Everyone in AP English knows by now." Sophia looked how Ginny blushed furiously and smiled.

"You know, I hate how much of a deal we make about our periods. When someone passes me a tampon or a pad it looks like they are passing me a bag with drugs."

Ginny nodded furiously. "I love seeing the boys faces when they see a tampon. How can they be so afraid to a silly thing." Sophia smirked to her.

"I like you,Ginny."

A couple hours later, the Randolph's arrived their home, just a couple of streets away of the country club.

While Sophia lied back in the giant brown couch in their living room, Paul was ordering a pizza from the kitchen. "With mushrooms and extra peppers?" He shouted.

"Yes sir."

Sophia got stuck watching the white ceiling, which slowly started to turn into Marcus Baker face and Sophia's mind started to race her thoughts ten times faster than habitual. The sound of her uncle steps brought her back to reality, sitting herself up she watched how the man took a seat in the small couch at the right from where she was sat.

"Have you ever been in love?" He seemed taken aback, as Sophia predicted. "I can't take this boy out of my mind and I'm going crazy."

Paul gulped as he observed the frustration growing in his niece face. "I have dated a couple of women, yes. But I don't think I have fallen in love, yet."

"And what about my parents?"

The Randolphs talked a few times about Sophia's parents, they were always present in their minds and isolated comments were made about their shared moments or experiences with them. But it had been years from the last heart to heart talk within Sophia and Paul Randolph about them.

"I have never seen a couple so in love as they were." Sophia's eyes watered a little "I remember when your dad was in college, we could go months without hearing about him because he was busy chasing your mom around campus or simply spending time with her. And when they found out you were coming they shined, I don't know how to phrase it really well, but you were really the most precious thing for them, and for me and our family."

Sophia nodded as her uncle got lost in in his thoughts.

"Love comes in many forms and many languages, I don't really know about who are you talking about. But just want you to remember that the biggest love you need to have is the one you have for yourself, then you can worry about the rest."

"This boy, I know him since we moved in, but I feel like I don't know nothing at all, about him or us." Sophia's voice started to sound shaky and her cheeks were slowly turning red. "We started talking, last week. But a former friend of mine kissed him and I want to be so mad at her. I really want it. I want to start being selfish for once and stop people from hurting me and my feelings, but I just can't."

"If they are important people in your life, they are going to do the right thing, eventually. Start by acknowledging your feelings, and then you can make any change you decide is good for your health."

Sophia got up from the couch and walked to the one where her uncle was sitting in, she slowly tucked herself between the arm rest and him. Paul leaned the face of her niece to his chest and started stroking her fair softly while she cried her heart out.

"I just want you to know that I didn't study to be a therapist so I'm sorry if I'm not enough." Sophia giggled, while hugging him tightly. "I am really grateful for having you, I want you to know it."

They both stood there for a couple of minutes. In their true Randolph form, with their heart on their sleeve.

♡♡
I think this is my fav chapter so far.
I hope you like this. Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment!!