iv fucked up Peter and Lara Jean

A couple of days had passed since Sophia started her junior year. She already had tons of homework, cursed seven different boys for whistling at her and skipped a couple of classes with Spencer.

Her whole carpe diem philosophy was starting to be noticed by the people from outside, even her uncle found out about it, of course, skipping a small details like how high she got in her last party, or how she almost started a fight on Wednesday's lunch, and maybe her daily escapades with Brodie stayed inside of her mind only. It wasn't something worth telling her uncle, or anyone else except Spencer, so Sophia kept her mouth shut.

It was thursday night and Sophia was in her balcony watching the movie her art teacher sent them as homework, so boring she couldn't even recall the name of it. But the movie was quickly forgotten when a noise came from the street and Sophia watched how a tiny rock fell into her balcony.

She paused the movie and slowly got up from the couch, walking slowly to the edge and glancing down, finding Marcus Baker grabbing his skate board with one hand and the other one messing with his hair.

"Miss Sophia let your hair down!" Sophia had to blink five times to realize it was, indeed, happening. Marcus was standing in the middle of the empty and quiet street, looking directly at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him, cheeks blushing furiously when she realized the state he was seeing her. Her wet and tangled hair was falling on her right shoulder and she was wearing an old shirt stained with coffee which she paired with an old Disney pajamas pants, charming.

"Can I join you?" He asked her, already dropping his skateboard on the grass from her front garden and walking towards the side of the house.

Sophia quickly turned around and looked inside her empty room, noticing the slightly open door. She looked back at Marcus and raised her index finger, telling him to wait a minute.

Making sure her uncle was dead asleep while the soft muffled noise of a meditation YouTube video could be heard from her room, Sophia closed the door and turned around already finding Marcus in her balcony.

He sat in the small couch and patted the space next to him, where Sophia was sitting before he came.

"You didn't answered me why you came." Sophia acknowledge, Marcus looked at her in silence. "Look, if this is some sick plan for your entertainment let me stop you right..."

"I left Padma's house and yours is just in the way from mine, saw the light of your bedroom on, so I thought about giving you a visit and I don't know, start being friends." He mumbled, giving her an awkward smile, both knowing for a fact that wasn't the real reason behind it.

"What do you want, Marcus?"

"Let's just get to know each other." He shrugged.

"You want to be friends. Just now. After years of being classmates and me being your sister's friend."

"Ok, I actually need your help. I did something wrong and stupid..." As you always do, Sophia interrupted him "and you are the only sane girl I know. Maxine will kill me, Clari would probably tell Maxine for the sake of her entertainment and my mom is way off limits."

"And what about Padma, or your sister's new friend, Ginny." Marcus stood silent for a couple of seconds, making her feel uneasy. "What did you do to her...? Wait. Which one?"

"She kissed me on monday, and things are starting to get weird." Sophia's heart started shrinking when she realized he was talking about Ginny. "And she heard me saying that she was Maxine's dumb friend" And lastly, it broke. She stayed silent for a couple of seconds, avoiding Marcus look.

"And what do you want from me?" Sophia asked, finally looking at him. Her almost watered blue eyes met his bloodshot brown eyes. "Wait, you also think I'm Maxine's dumb friend? I could push you from the balcony right now if I want to."

"Look, I was mad and confused. Okay? And I don't think you are Maxine's dumb friend."

"I'm asking you again, what do you want from me?"

"Just help me apologize to her." Marcus sighed, Sophia turned around to face him. "And to Padma."

"Why do you want me to help you with that?"

"Because if I'm on my own I would make it worse, if I even try to do it." Sophia's face softened, she hated with her whole life having such a big soft spot for him, but she knew he wasn't a bad person, just a little lost, maybe in the same direction as her.

"What about Padma? Did she found out about you and Ginny?"

"It was about you, actually" oh great. "We were chilling in her house with a couple of guys and they started to talk about, you know, the rumors, so I kindly told them to go fuck themselves."

Sophia rose her eyebrows and looked him dead in the eye "You told your girlfriend to go to fuck herself?"

Marcus snorted while Sophia's heart started to beat faster."Don't look at me like that. I'm more afraid of your friends, including my sister, than Padma. And she isn't my girlfriend, we were just fooling around." Sophia nodded, both stayed in silent for a minute or two.

"Thank you, I guess." Marcus didn't say anything. Sophia's mind suddenly started working, God she was a genius. "I'll help you if you give me something in change"

"What do you want? A joint? A kiss? I already have enough with two girls." Why did he had to be such a boy, Sophia rolled her eyes.

"I want you to help me to be more like you,  like chill, head empty, zero fucks about anything."

"So, little Sophia wants to be like me." The blonde giggled while resting her back against the cushion, Marcus gazed at her. "Yeah, I guess I can help you with that."

"Good. I really don't know what I'm getting myself into but, we have a deal. We start tomorrow, I'll meet you tomorrow morning at school. And please, don't do anything stupid, okay?"

"Sure thing, captain." They both stood up and looked at each other awkwardly. Sophia went to hug him at the same time he leaned in to give her a kiss in her cheek, accidentally giving a peck to the other, Sophia quickly stepped back, and Marcus laughed. "So you went for the kiss, nice. Sweet dreams, Soph."

♡♡

The story is finally starting lol

Im literally so in love with Marcus and Sophia like i cannot. Hope you like it so far!!