ix not so breakfast at Tifanny's

It was the early morning and Sophia was being intimidated by the Baker's having breakfast and fighting together. Her uncle had to be on his office earlier than usual and he saw the perfect opportunity when he stopped by the Bakers to pay for Sophia's ticket for junior sophomore, staying silent while Maxine begged to her mom to let her stay for breakfast.

"Did your uncle told you anything about going to Junior Sleepover after last week fiasco?" Ellen asked Sophia in the exact moment she took a bite of her waffle, before she could answer, Max snapped and argued with her mother about the Saturday event.

Waiting for a second of silence, Sophia barged in the discussion, eyeing her friend. "My uncle grounded me for like a week but I already did all the ugly chores of the house so he let me go." Ellen smiled at the blonde and then looked at her daughter

"At least she earned going to the Sleepover and doesn't go mopping around the house." Sophia looked at her plate and stayed silent. If she learned anything of having a mother, is to not interrupt her while she is talking with one of her children.

 "This Saturday night is the most important night of my entire life." Maxine pleaded, even if Sophia wasn't paying attention to her, she knew that the brunette was exaggerating her words just so her mum would let her go. 

Sophia looked slightly at her side, catching a glimpse of Marcus looking back and forth between his mother and sister.

Maxine basically obligated Sophia to sit between her and her brother and did everything she could to make them talk or just look at each other, but still clueless about the warning looks she got from the pair. They felt uncomfortable, a lot.

Sophia took her sight off Marcus and looked at the front, seeing Ellen by the sink.

"I don't know what to tell you. You are grounded." the woman argued, Maxine stood up and walked to her. 

"Mom this is junior sleepover, this transcends grounding. Why don't you understand that? I will die if I don't go."

"I'll die if I go." Marcus added from his seat. 

Sophia looked at Max. "I really should go..." 

But she interrupted her. "No, stay. Marcus talk with her." 

Both of them looked between each other with their eyebrows furrowed, questioning Max.

"You lied to us and came high! I expected it from your brother but not you!" The blonde woman who was standing behind the counter looked at her daughter with such an intensity that Sophia really wanted to leave. 

"Hey" Marcus argued. 

Before things escalated for worse, Georgia Miller walked in. "Hello neighbors!" Georgia chimed in, and then noticed the blonde ", and mini Randolph. Is your uncle around?"

"Already at the office." She answered while Georgia nodded at her, then she chugged all her juice and finished her waffle in silence, overhearing the conversation between Ellen, Georgia and Max. 

 A notification popped up on her phone and she quickly took it, wanting to put her mind in something else, her cheeks blushed when she saw what it was.

Brodie

Hey blondie, are we still on going to Joe's today?

Heyy, what time are you free?

Maybe five?

Perfect! See u at school <3

When Sophia blocked her phone and looked up, she found herself with Marcus looking at her lap, just where her phone was resting now. She quickly shrugged it off and stood up looking at the rest.