Chapter Six

Shoto POV
I was sitting in my dorm, doing my own thing, enjoying some soba, when Midoriya rushed in. “Midoriya? What are you doing?” I asked, confused. Without answering, Midoriya grabbed my hand and pulled me out through the dorms to outside. 

“Dabi. Convenience Store. Roof.” Was all he said, but I understood perfectly. Somehow, while Midoriya was out, he saw Dabi. Immediately I knew; this. This was our chance.

Dabi POV
I was on the roof of a random building, near UA, taking a smoke. I don't know how I ended up here, I just was wondering. Yet of course, I should have known my feet would take me here. 

Across the street and up a hill, UA stood out amongst the trees. I has subconsciously walked to the place I once called my school, where some of my happiest memories took place.

I gazed at the school, letting my mind wander. I wondered if Shoto was there right now. Probably was, now they were in dorms after all. I wondered what he was doing. Was he in class? Maybe out training? Or just lounging about?

What I didn't expect was my questions to be answered, but they were as I saw Shoto being led out of the forest by that little green-haired boy. And he was staring right at me.

Shoto POV
I let Midoriya drag me out of the dorms and down the hill, to the convenience store. I didn't know what to think. I was super happy Midoriya was somehow able to find Dabi, but now that I was finally going to be able to confront him… I didn't know what I was going to do.

Then we reached the street. I looked up and saw him immediately. Our eyes connected and it was like time stopped. 
That is, until he turned away. “Thank you so much Midoriya!” I called as I bolted, using the emergency stairs to reach the roof. We collided on the stairs. He was coming down trying to escape, and I was coming up to catch him. As soon as he saw me, he turned, ready to run the other way, but I wasn't ready to let that happen. No way.

I used my ice to freeze him so he couldn't run. “Dabi.” I said, meeting his gaze. Midoriya then caught up to me, and while I was distracted by him, Dabi used that opportunity to use his flames to free himself. I cursed, and began chasing after him again. 

While running through his flames, I subconsciously realized how hot they were. They were hotter than Endeavors. Heck, Endeavors flames were nothing in comparison. I reached the roof where Dabi was, only to see black gloop spread around him, and just like that, he was gone.