Chapter Five

Dabi POV

Remember when I had to take a dumbassed wasted hero named hawks home? And I said that I wouldn’t ever see him again? Yeah well, turns out I was wrong.

I glanced at Hawks, who found me on a rooftop. Yeah, I hang out on rooftops a lot. They’re relaxing, okay? “What do you want.” I asked, acting annoyed. “Your Dabi, right?” 

“What's in it for you.” I said, glaring at him. He didn't remember the night he was drunk and I brought him home, right? No, he couldn't have… “Your part of the league of villains. And I want to join.”

I looked at him, flabbergast. “You, you WHAT?” I exclaimed. “Your the number two hero, arent you? What are you talking about?” 

Yeah, now that All might was out of the picture, Hawks went from being number three to number two, while Endeavor was now number one. You can guess how ecstatic I was when I heard that. 

“Being a hero sucks.” Hawks said, coming over to stand by me. “Theres so many stupid rules and all that crap. It was never my intention to become the number two hero.”

I internally rolled my eyes, uh, yeah. It was. I remember. “What makes you think I believe you?” I said, “Your probably just a spy.” 

Hawks shrugged, “Yeah. I can see why you'd think that, but I'll prove it to you. I'll do whatever you ask. I am sure I can be of use, and actually, can be used as a spy for the league of villains.”

I huffed, he was obviously a spy for the heroes. I knew him. He wouldn't ever become a villain, but yet… I also wanted him to join the league. I wanted him around again. 

Of course, I couldn't just let him in. No, that would be too suspicious. I'll do what he says, let him prove himself, then let him in. I'll tell the league I trust him, and because they trust me, they'll let him in.

I don't have to let them know that he can't be trusted and is indeed spying on us, but honestly, that wasn't my problem anyway. Him spying on the league wouldn't interfere with my plans, and I couldn't care less about the leagues plans. 

And so, I said to him. “You know what, fine. Prove yourself and we’ll see. I'll tell the league about you, and we’ll see what happens.” I put my hand out, and he shook it. “I wont let you down.”

~Timeskip~

Around a month passed, and just like he said, Hawks did everything I told him to, to prove he was ‘worthy’. Both of our plans were going perfect, I had told Shigaraki about Hawks a month ago, and today I told him Hawks was trustworthy. Now, I was taking him to meet the league. 

“Is it bad that I'm excited but also nervous?” Hawks said, grinning at me. I just rolled my eyes, “That's to be expected, featherbrain.” I replied, “but I'm sure you'll do fine. Everyone already knows your coming anyway. And thanks to me, they already trust you just like I do.” Hawks grinned again, “thanks.” I rolled my eyes, “Yeah yeah whatever.” 

Deep down, I was also excited. Having Hawks around was fantastic. And everything was going smoothly. “Now, ready to meet the gang?” I asked, as we reached the front door of the headquarters. I watched Hawks gulp, then nod. With that, I pushed the door open.

“I nodded to Shigaraki and Twice, who were at the bar, Shikaraki glanced over my shoulder and saw Hawks. “So, you're the great number two hero Dabis told me so much about, eh? I thought you'd be taller.” 

I rolled my eyes, “You're short too, shigs.” Hawks just grinned nervously. “It's nice to meet you, sir.” Shigaraki laughed, “No need to be so formal, kid. Just relax, we aren't the stuck up heroes your used to, unlike them we actually have fun, come, get a drink.”

Hawks smiled at him gratefully, then I heard the sound of small feet running down the stairs, and groaned.

“Oh! You must be Hawks! Dabi has told us all about you!” The one and only Toga said, looking back and forth between the two of us.

I glared at her before smiling and throwing my arm around her shoulder. “This,” I said to Hawks, “Is Toga.” He looked at us, “Are you two…” He trailed off. 

Toga laughed, “Together? Hah, no. Don't you know, Dabis-” “She's like a sister to me. An annoying little sister, that's all.” I said, flicking her head.

Toga was the one person I was actually close to in the league. She really was like a sister to me. She reminded me of Fuyumi, except more insane, that is. And she was the only person in the league who knew who I actually was, and what my true intentions were. I basically told her everything, and she told me everything too. 

Toga rubbed her head where I flicked her, pouting. “That hurt, you know.” She said. “That was the point.” Hawks laughed, and I could tell he was more relaxed. He was going to fit right in.

Oh look a longer chapter this time. Huh. Imma publish this by itself then pff-