Chapter Three

Shoto POV

I was in the library one day, once again researching the villain that let me go during the attack at USJ, but I couldn't find anything. I couldn't find anything at all. It was like he didn't exist at all.

I hear the door open behind me, and see Midoriya. “Todoroki, I thought Id find you here.” The bright boy said as he sat down by me. 

“Can I help you Midoriya?” I asked, turning to him. He shook his head, “No, but I was hoping I could help you.”

I looked at him confused, and he sighed. “I know something is bothering you. You've been spending as much time as you can in the library ever since the attack at USJ, which was months ago. What happened? I want to help.” 

I was surprised, I didn't think anyone would care about what I was doing, but also I wasn't too surprised it was Midoriya, because of what happened at the Sports Festival.

I looked into his bright, trusting green eyes, and hesitantly, I told him everything. How I was attacked by a villain during the attack, and how he let me go, and how I've been researching ever since trying to find out who he was. 

I waited, unable to think that he wasn't going to say that what I was doing was stupid and useless, I hadnt told anyone because of that very reason. Instead, Midoriya surprised me with his response. 

“I see, that's crazy. Why did he let you go? Now I'm curious about who this guy is too. Do you think I could possibly help? Maybe if we work together we can find something.”

As surprised as I was with his response, I was also overjoyed that he was willing to help me. “That would be great, thank you.” Midoriya beamed, and sat down with me. “Great! Then let's get started.”

~Timeskip, a few weeks later~

When was the last time I felt like this? Doing this research on that villain with Midoriya has, well, somewhat changed me. I feel different, but it's familiar. It's like everything before was black and white, but now color is returning. 

When was the last time I had color like this in my life? I've felt so numb, for years… I didn't use to.

I remember being happy and bright when I was young. What happened? When did this all start… I think… It was when touya died. Yes. After I lost my brother, it was like all color faded away. But now, with Midoriya, it's slowly coming back to me. Slowly, color is returning. 

I turn and look at Midoriya, as he reads articles, searching for the villain I described to him. Sensing my gaze, he looked up, meeting my eyes. His cheeks turned red. "W-what is it, Todoroki-kun? Is there something on my face?" 

"No." I responded. "I was just watching you."

"W-why were you doing that?"

"Do I really need a reason why? It just happened, I suppose." Midoriya looked so confused, then looked back at his article, before glancing at me again. Seeing I was still watching him, he turned redder, but then turned back to the screen. 

A few minutes, and a couple more glances later, I heard him mutter something under his breath. "C-could you stop staring at me…" He asked. 

"Why? You look cute." I said bluntly, but my heart sped up at my words. That… was different. "T-thanks but, um, aren't we supposed to be working?" I sighed. "Fine." I said, and turned back to my own computer.

I heard Midoriya chuckle, which made me grin slightly. I don't know what was going on with my heart when I was with him, but I knew that it was something good.