Chapter 5

I spent the rest of that day just staying in our room, away from the human race with Fae whom practiced her magic all day. Tanya burst into the room, a wide and easy grin accumulated on her face.
"Your in! I got you both into the school!" Tanya shook with excitement, and joy.
"That's fantastic!" I replied, trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible. "When do we start?"
"Tomorrow, if that's too early then we can hold it off if you want, I can-"
"It's perfect!" I exclaimed, i looked at Fae who looked quite uncomfortable, almost like a ghost had just walked through her. I walked over to her and wrapped a cotton blanket around her shoulders, which she clung onto. Zoe barged in and dropped her schoolbag on the floor.
"Mom, is It okay if Aiden comes over, and is it okay if he brings Casper to? There is no one at home tonight and I don't think they would like to stay in their house all by them self-" Zoe began, I could sense she was going to start ranting, as did her mother which is probably why she stopped her in her tracks.
"Of course Aiden and Casper can come over! Although Aiden is NOT staying in your room, he may be your boyfriend but I am not tolerating that!" Tanya said firmly, her arms clasped behind her body.
"Good!" Zoe exclaimed, "As their already here."
At that moment there was a knocking on the front door downstairs, I could hear whispering in the distance and focused in on what they were saying. Which was nothing but a bunch of mumbling under their breaths.

"Hello Aiden and Casper, have not seen you in ages! Oh please come in." Tanya welcomed them both in and took their coats hanging them onto a hook.
"Babe!" Zoe screamed, running and jumping into Aiden's arms, kissing him on the cheek.
She climbed off him and lead him into the sitting room, leaving Casper leaning against the door frame.
"Well Hello there." He said at me, as I traveled into the sitting room. "What's your name?"
"I'm Dawn and this is Fae." I said pointing at myself and Fae who had put herself in the corner, trying to avoid any attention. Fae had always been the shy one, well that is until you get to know her!
"I'm Casper, and that is my brother Aiden, who is younger then me, yet still gets all the girls."
He complained, standing up and walking over to me.
"You coming." He said with a cheeky wink as I followed him into the living room. Zoe sat on a recliner on top of Aiden and I sat across from Casper and next to Fae.
"This is not at all awkward." Fae telepathically said to me.
"I know right, they all know each other and where just here surrounded by awkwardness."
"At least we can talk to each other this way."
"Maybe we should try and talked to each other by actually moving our mouths cause the others might get suspicious." I concluded.
"Fae you okay?" I asked her out loud, deciding not to mentally speak to each other any more.
"I'm fine, you excited about school tomorrow?" She asked.
"What school are you both attending?" Casper butted in.
"We are both going to Zoe's school, we start tomorrow." I told him.
"What age are you both?" He quizzed us.
"We are both 16, and why is it any of your business." I snapped back, Fae nudged me and said that I was being a bit rude to him. I intentionally meant to be sarcastic to him, as he was the one being rude, having only asked us our age and names, not to mention him barging into our conversation!
"Well I guess we will have the same classes as well then." He said with a smile.
Tanya walked in with a tray of appetizers that included a steak tar tan which smelt divine. My lips watered as the dish was placed on a table with another few trays of delicacies which I had no interest in. I dived into the steak tar tan, devouring the tray within a few minutes. Casper looked at me in awe and Zoe and Aiden laughed. Fae sat next to me eating mini tartlets filled with a creamy onion filling which had a horrible pungent smell, but Fae was enjoying them so they mus not be that bad.
Casper came over and sat down next to me.
"Where are you from?" He asked me.
"America" I replied.
"Oh so your an American? Well I'm British if you can't tell by my accent." He chuckled.
"I guess your staying with Zoe then, for how long may I ask?"
"Me and Fae are staying permanently i believe. Tanya, Zoe's mum, offered for us to come and stay here since we have no where else to go, and no one else we know." I babbled on. Casper looked engrossed as he hung on my every word, I managed to go without mentioning anything that could potentially uncover mine and Fae's secret. We talked for hours with Fae occasionally joining in but she was mostly talking to Tanya about school. Time flew past as it was midnight (as they call it in the human realm) which was supposedly really late. The moon was out again in all its glory as me and Fae headed to our room. We said our Goodnight to the others and headed to bed- well Fae did. I sat in the room, by myself once again, while Fae slept, her long purple hair flowing around her pillow making patterns. My throat was really dry so I decided to go and get a drink from the kitchen downstairs. When I got to the kitchen, I turned the tap on and began filling glass with water, when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around with the glass of water in my hand, my red hair flopping in the air, the water drenched Casper from head to toe.
"I am so sorry! I am a bit jumping at the moment!" I exclaimed grabbing a towel from the counter top.
His t-shirt was soaked so he took it off.
"Have some dignity!" I said at him, swiftly turning around to avoid such a sight.
"Do you not enjoy it!" He said laughing. "Be right back."
He headed up stairs to his room and grabbed a purple t-shirt and headed back down the stairs.
"Much better." I said
"You think so?" He said with a cheeky wink, turning around and heading back upstairs. I made my way threw the freezing cold kitchen through the corridor and up the staircase and into my room. Fae was still asleep snoring her head off, drool all over her pillow. That night seemed endless, as I stood at the window, staring out at the still darkness, a dim light in the distant which appeared to be street lights.
The house was located on the outskirts of the city, and in the distance was a big building which I understood to be the school which me and Fae were to attend tomorrow- or technically today.